Error on the XML-RPC API documentation

Guilherme
2005-03-10
2013-04-15
  • Guilherme

Guilherme - 2005-03-10

Hi,

Im working with the XML-RPC API documentation and discovered that there is an error on what is documented for the handle_message method available at http://popfile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?POPFileModules/XmlRpc.

The documentation says that handle_message returns bucketname, similar to method classify (a string with the name of the bucket to which the message was classified to). What I found out is tha handle_massage acctualy returns a integer.

Checking Popfile source code I saw that handle_message returns the same as classify_and_modify, which returns three values and I quote the source code commentary "Returns a classification if it worked and the slot ID of the history item related to this classification".

I believe that the integer value returned by handle-message is the first value returned by classify_and_modify.

Anyway, either handle_message should be corrected to actually return the bucket name, or the documentation updated to reflect the implemented behavior.

GREAT tool by the way!

Regards,
    Guilherme Szundy

• Manni

Manni - 2005-03-14

Thanks for the pointer.

classify_and_modify returns the bucket names, the history-slot-id, and a boolean which tells you whether a magnet was used or not. Since handle_message will return what it gets from classify_and_modify, the return value of handle_message should be exactly the same.

Manni

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks