Templates

2004-09-11
2004-09-11
  • Michael Bierman

Michael Bierman - 2004-09-11

Looking at http://popfile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Template

I can't determine how templates work.  For example, How does one choose a different template from POPFile_$install_dir\skins\default ? or is it always use that? if so, couldn't it have been named something more descriptive like POPFile_$install_dir\skins\HTML perhaps

The only UI control I see selects different CSS.  I'd like to understand how this works because there are some customizations I depend on which were apparenty not incorporated in PF so I'll have to do it myself. http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=2002740

Thanks.

Michael

• Texas Fett

Texas Fett - 2004-09-11

The default skin Template is global to all skins unless a skin provides its own Template files.  A user can't change Templates from the UI.  Templates and CSS go together.  Currently the only skin that uses its own Templates is OceanBlue.

If you want to change all skins to have your changes modify the thtml files in default.  If you want to create a custom skin with your chagnes you need to copy the thtml files you wish to change and provide a CSS file.

• Michael Bierman

Michael Bierman - 2004-09-11

> If you want to create a custom skin with your chagnes you need to copy the thtml files you wish to change and provide a CSS file.

Copy them to where?  Inside the same folder with the skin's CSS?  How does PF know where to get the HTML template?

Michael

• Texas Fett

Texas Fett - 2004-09-11

Either edit them in the Default directory or copy the template files you are editing (or all just to make it easy) to one of the other skins skins or make a new skin and copy the files there.  PF knows where to get the HTML template by looking in the skin's folder.  If it doesn't find anything for a specific part of the UI it then looks in the Default skin for the default copy of the template.

It would be simplest just to edit the Default skin for what you are doing.  Then you will have your modifications on any other skin that doesn't use its own templates, which is currently all but OceanBlue and it only uses a few.

Look at OceanBlue that is a perfectly good example of how to use template files.  It has some template files in there with the same name as in the Default skin but they are modified to move the menu tabs and a few other things.  OceanBlue only has a few template files, that is because the other files didn't need to be changed so it uses the Default version.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks