POPFile not classifying any messages

Alan18
2008-01-31
2013-04-15
  • Alan18

Alan18 - 2008-01-31

Apologies if this repeats any old threads but I couldn't find any.

I used v0.22.4 for a long time with great success but recently got a new PC with Vista Home Premium and, about the same time, changed ISP.  As a precaution I installed v1.0.0 which seems to be working in as much as it marks incoming emails X-Text-Classification:.... but, after 650 messages and 43200 words, it still doesn't classify any.  Is this because I haven't actually had any unacceptable messages yet so POPFile has no experience of what I consider to be spam or does it imply something amiss with my setup?  I have reclassified all the messages manually and it is getting a bit boring now!
    Any advice/suggestions much appreciated.

Alan

• Alec Burgess

Alec Burgess - 2008-02-01

Alan: > Is this because I haven't actually had any unacceptable
      messages yet so POPFile has no experience of what I consider to be spam or does
      it imply something amiss with my setup?

EXACTLY!

Until Popfile has emails that have been manually classified into different buckets it won't be able to differentiate between them.

after 650 messages ... (and no spam I assume)

when I first started using Popfile years ago I deliberately got a "dummy" email account and started signing up in inappropriate places just so I I'd get some spam :-)

Regards ... Alec

• Alan18

Alan18 - 2008-02-01

Hi Alec

Thanks for that.  I suspected it might be the case but rather hoped POPFile might start to classify everything as 'Accept'.  Apparently not and I guess it would be no more use than 'Unclassified' anyway so I'll give up reclassifying and wait until I get some spam - maybe they won't find me at my new email address!

All the best

Alan