POPFile & Postfix

Trapper
2007-06-25
2016-02-19
  • Trapper

Trapper - 2007-06-25

Anyone know of a way to use the POPFile SMTP module with Postfix other than as a proxy in front of it?

• Trapper

Trapper - 2007-07-21

I maybe should clarify what I am wanting. Is there a way to use POPFile as a SMTP content filter called by postfix in the way postfix calls amavisd-new for clamav and spamassassin filtering? Or, is there a way to replace spamassassin with POPFile in the amavisd-new scenario? I really dislike using anything as a proxy in front of an SMTP server. I currently use POPFile in POP3 mode in front of Courier, which works nicely .... until a user is set up to check mail via TLS/SSL. I've yet to figure out how to get a successful TLS/SSL connection when proxy chaining POPFile with Courier.

• Trapper

Trapper - 2007-07-25

I have figured out a way to do this. After amavisd-new completes it work I have directed it to hand the email off to POPFile rather than reinject it back into postfix. POPFile does the reinjecting back into postfix after it has completed it's work. I had amavisd-new reinjecting to postfix on port 10025. I use Debian and edited /etc/amavis/conf.d/20-debian_defaults and added/changed the lines:

$forward_method = 'smtp:[127.0.0.1]:10026';
      $notify_method = 'smtp:[127.0.0.1]:10026';

I then set POPFile SMTP to listen on 10026 and set the smtp chain server port to 10025.

I installed my mail server according to the Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (Debian Etch) HOWTO Forge howto. These are the only changes I needed to accomplish this with that default setup.

• Trapper

Trapper - 2016-02-19

Also in POPFile, SMTP chain server and chain port need to be set to return processed mail to POPFile. I use 127.0.0.1 and 10025

Postfix and POPFile 113 on Ubuntu server 14.04 LTS

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks