New features (feature request number in parentheses):
- Parry series (2867301 - description in the PDF file attached to the feature request).
- Parry series where parry moves are helping even if play after the series is not help play (e.g. phser-s#6: parry series self mate in 6 - parry moves are help moves)
- Intelligent mode for the following Parry series stipulations (with significant speedup in positions with few pieces, but potential loss of speed in pser-h# and pser-h= with crowded positions): pser-h#, pser-h=... read more
New features (feature request number in parentheses)
- fairy pieces are accepted in a=>b (2799219)
- last capture (pending rebirth) can be indicated for Circe Parrain
- support for mutually exclusive castlings (2768589)
- support for Cage Circe, Cage Immune Chess and
Strict Cage Circe (= Cage Circe + Cage Immune Chess)
- proof games with Cavalier majeur and Leofamily (2813613)
Plus many fixes
Popeye 4.51 is finally out!
Many more stipulations, many bug fixes and a bunch of new conditions and pieces.
First Popeye release with a 64bit Windows executable - considerable speed improvement!
New fairy condition: Losing chess (Schlagschach, Qui perd gagne)
One change has been added to the Changes of release 4.41. It was forgotten when 4.41 was released:
- Imitator+Maximummer: castling moves may not have been generated (cf. issue 1870463)
This release is mainly targeted at problemists composing ser-a=>b problems
- some ser-a=>b solutions were not found in problems without black king
- radical speedup when solving ser-a=>b problems
- amended documention for additions that were made for release 4.43
Today (March 22 2008) is the 50th birthday of "Mister Popeye" Norbert Geissler; this release is therefore dedicated to him.
- elimination of spurious refutations
- Popeye didn't entirely clean up after itself before "attacking" next problem in input [file]
- Koeko assumed normal Circe rebirth square in Circe Parrain
- UltraSchachZwang =1: solution not found
- Grid chess: some mating moves were missed
- Ultra-maxiummer: some mating moves were missed
- little bug with input of MaximumTotal in Sentinelles
- little bug with input of stipulation... read more
popeye-4.41-macosx-i386.zip contains Popeye 4.41 for Mac OS X / Intel.
This is an experimental package; Popeye 4.41 has been seen running on 1 Mac so far ...
Feedback is very welcome; please use our trackers: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=200122
- intelligent mode missed some ser-h= solutions
- Monochrome Chess problems were incorrectly solved
- solutions may have been missed in Circe Parrain proof games
- Vaulting Kings
- Protean Chess
- Geneva Chess
- Grid Chess: generalised grids
New kinds of pieces
- Radial Knight
- Reverse Pawn
New piece attribute
- Protean piece... read more
Download the current (or an older) release and browser the source code in the CVS repository.