Just a few remind to all
1. Don't use any generated Poesia monitor XML configuration file, but
WRITE your OWN configuration file by hand. Any generated configuration
files are obsolete. All scripts generating these files should be
scrapped. There are a lot of important stuff to add there
(.e.g. urlping or urlist elements). Never trust any generated
configuration file - it has to be written by a human understanding the
program he/she configures!
2. Read carefully the documentation under CVS at
PoesiaSoft/Documentation/ It has evolved a lot (last update by me was
made this night)
3. Don't use SquidIcap (which is not conformant to ICAP standard and
is a dead product) but better use Shweby (which is conformant to ICAP
and is active) or any other ICAP conformant HTTP proxy (if you have
some). Don't forget to configure Shweby with both a public & a private
4. read your syslog messages and configure your syslog daemon
5. when reporting a monitor bug (there are plenty still) please send
me your traces, relevant syslog messages, Shweby & monitor & filters
configuration files, etc...
6. Ask other developers to document their filter, and how to run and
Basile STARYNKEVITCH http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/=20
aliases: basile<at>tunes<dot>org =3D bstarynk<at>nerim<dot>net
8, rue de la Fa=EFencerie, 92340 Bourg La Reine, France
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.