tj vanderpoel - 2003-07-22

After installing the amazing amount of dependencies, i've finally come to a brick wall when compiling.  I know a bit of ocaml, C, and ruby, but have never dabbled in java so i don't know where to go from here.  The error is as follows: <p>
<pre>
make -C TextFilter/Spanish all
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/PoesiaSoft-alpha1/TextFilter/Spanish'
CLASS_PATH=/usr/local/src/PoesiaSoft-alpha1/Java/classes
CLASSDIRS=/usr/local/share/poesia/weka.jar:/usr/local/share/poesia/muffin-0.9.3a.jar
/usr/lib/j2se/1.4/bin/javac -classpath /usr/local/src/PoesiaSoft-alpha1/Java/classes:/usr/local/share/poesia/weka.jar:/usr/local/share/poesia/muffin-0.9.3a.jar -sourcepath /usr/local/src/PoesiaSoft-alpha1/Java:. -d /usr/local/src/PoesiaSoft-alpha1/Java/classes org/poesia/filters/spanish/filter/LightFilter.java
./org/poesia/filters/spanish/indexer/Trainer.java:57: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class SMO
         Trainer trainer = new Trainer(new SMO(),instances);
                                           ^
1 error
make[1]: *** [/usr/local/src/PoesiaSoft-alpha1/Java/classes/org/poesia/filters/spanish/filter/LightFilter.class] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/PoesiaSoft-alpha1/TextFilter/Spanish'
make: *** [all] Error 2
</pre></p>
then it dies.  I cannot seem to find this SMO object in any of your classes, is it supposed to be part of my jre or possibly in muffin or weka?