Thanks for creating such a useful software!
Now, a couple of issues:
1) Everytime I open a new Cygwin console with Poderosa, the .bashrc file (/home/user_name/.bashrc) is not being executed. Any idea? What file is executed when opening the shell?
2) I have modified /etc/passwd to modify the home file and default shell, but is not taking any effect. The default shell is bash, while I'm specifying zsh. How to modify (permanently) the default home and shell in Poderosa? If open Cygwin directly, it opens the proper shell and home directory. I have the impression Poderosa is taking the /home/username and bash by default . Where can I modify this? is there any plain text file with settings?
3) Any change that I make in the "Connection to Cygwin" window prompt is not saved. I checked "Advanced Configuration' and modify the fields. When I reopen Poderosa, nothing has changed. It was not saved so I have to retype again.
4) Where are stored the 'Shell Complement' commands? Is there any plain file that I can edit manually? I have a ton of commands that I use and I'd like to add them into that file.
These are my settings:
- Cygwin 1.7.11-1
- Poderosa Version: 4.3.7b
- Windows Path: C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin;C:\cygwin\bin;C:\cygwin\usr\local\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;
- I have a .bashrc , .zshrc in my /home/user_name folder
- /etc/passwd with shell and folder specified
Setting of the home directory and the shell command-line are shown in "Advanced configuration" group.
You can edit them after enter a check to "Advanced configuration" checkbox.
For using zsh, "/bin/zsh -l" seems to work.
You don't need to modify passwd file.
"Home directory" setting will be set to the HOME environment variable, and login shell will use it as the home directory.
If the directory doesn't exist, it will be created by the shell.
See /etc/profile or /etc/zprofile.
If the launching shell was succeeded, "Advanced configuration" settings will be saved automatically when Poderosa is ended.
In default, "Advanced configuration" checkbox is unchecked and "Home directory" and "Shell" fields are grayed.
But these settings will be used even if they are grayed.
There is no data file for the "Shell Complement" feature on Poderosa.
Thanks for the reply.
I experience that everytime that I open Poderosa, the grayed data of the "New Cygwin Connection"contains the values by defaul (/home/jhuerta , /bin/bash) instead of the values that I set the last time I used poderosa (/cygdrive/c/cygwin/home/c , /bin/zsh -l -i).
I was expecting those values to stayed from one session to another. Is that how it is supposed to work?
Settings of Poderosa 4.3.x are saved in a file "%APPDATA%\Poderosa\options.conf".
Cygwin connection settings will be saved like:
shellName=/bin/zsh -l -i
As you see, previous connection settings are saved as an element of most-recently-used list.
So if the list size was limited to zero, no connection settings are saved.
Tools > Options > Generic > Number of recent connections in file menu
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.