Native file transfer?

Anonymous
2011-08-11
2013-05-13
  • Anonymous - 2011-08-11

Do you have any plans to implement a native (to be read as built-in) file transfer interface that can use your ssh key manager and key forwarding agent?

I am currently using the using the latest special version which calls WinSCP but this is less than preferable due to the fact that I now have to run and manager 3 apps (Poderosa, WinSCP, and Putty's key agent - Pageant) to get ssh and file transfer.

It works but it is a pain to setup given that I have to export my ssh keys to Putty's native .ppk key, then I have to make Pageant auto start via "Startup" folder in the menu and then I have to add each key to the end of the command in the shortcut to make the ppk key load automatically.

Add to that if all keys have pass phrases I have to now enter the phrase for every key I autoload when I log in. I don't mind entering the keys once as I use them but that should auto load as I need them. I should not have to either load all at once at log in or manually load them before I ssh to a host.

Please say you are planning a native file transfer soon :)

• Anonymous - 2011-10-12

There has been no response to this since I posted in August. Even if there are no current plans to support file transfer (SFTP/SCP) could you please just post saying that?

If not, would there be a possibility of adding WinSCP support in the same manner that the Special Version has implemented it?

In the end it would be nice to see this feature added to the main development branch of poderosa. I know I would prefer to use the core application and not a closed source version provided by someone else. That is really kind of a scary thought for many of us.

• Iwasa Kazmi

Iwasa Kazmi - 2011-10-12

I'm interested in adding interface for SFTP/SCP.

I would like to start adding SFTP/SCP support when I have much time.
    It will have minimal interface for selecting and transferring files.
    I don't intend to make full GUI like WinSCP.

I have no plan to add functionality calling WinSCP or other tools.
    But I will consider providing connection parameters for the macro environment.
    A macro will be possible to launch FTP/SFTP client using such parameters.

• Anonymous - 2011-10-13

Thank you for the info, that is a great bit of news for all of us Poderosa users. If you need testers once you start adding these features, please let us know… I am sure many of us will be willing and able to help with that. Also, I am sure some of us that use Poderosa are developers, reach out if you want help coding if time and resources are limited for you.

• Iwasa Kazmi

Iwasa Kazmi - 2011-11-30

I have committed SFTP plugin to CVS.
    More bug fixes, cleaning code and improvements would be still needed.
    I'll prepare binary later.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks