Podcast Generator has been downloaded nearly 60.000 times since 2006 (over 14.700 times just in 2009).
The possibility of customizing Themes (or Skins) was introduced since version 1.0. However Podcast Generator currently comes with just two simple themes.
There are possibly thousands of users out there adopting this open source web framework (http://tinyurl.com/y9h98mf) and the majority of them still use the simple default theme...
That's a pity, new flavors are needed!
A "call for themes" is open! Web designers can now design a theme to be included in the next releases of Podcast Generator!
The 4 requirements to participate are the following:
1. The theme must be composed by a single HTML file, a folder called "style" containing one CSS stylesheet, and a folder called "img" containing all the images;
2. The HTML must be xHTML 1.0 Transitional or Strict, W3C 100% compliant (i.e. Valid according to the W3C Validator);
3. NO TABLES should be used in coding the layout, just DIVs.
4. The layout should be displayed correctly in all the modern browsers (IE 7+, Latest versions of Opera, Safari, Firefox and Chrome - We don't care anymore about IE6, do we?).
Please take into consideration these further requirements while designing your Podcast Generator theme...
- The back-end is a single page containing the following elements: a title, a subtitle, a description, 3 menu items "Home", "Podcast Archive" and "Admin", a box with the feed links and a box called "freebox" that user can customize (check out the demo to have an idea of the current theme: http://www.podcastgenerator.net/demo/\).
- Try to use just external CSS for styles (e.g. better not to use inline CSS) and unordered lists for menus;
- PNG format is preferred;
- In the footer write "Theme by" along with your name (or your website's title) and a link to your URL.
Just design your theme according to the above recommendations, zip everything and send me at firstname.lastname@example.org using "[PG theme proposal]" as subject. I'll reply you ASAP.
You don't have to deal with any php or theme-specific codes, you can concentrate just on the HTML design of the page: I'll think to the "technical part" (i.e. conversion of your layout into a theme).
The best 5 themes will be included in the next release! All the others themes (if in compliance with the above requirement) will be available as an additional download in Podcast Generator official website.
Alberto - Developer of Podcast Generator
Log in to post a comment.