Icons for notes ?

Help
Sebastian
2008-10-18
2013-05-02
  • Sebastian

Sebastian - 2008-10-18

i wonder if it possible to mark nodes with notes with a special icon. Is this possible? With this it would be much easier to find nodes with notes...

• Hafiz Pariabi

Hafiz Pariabi - 2008-10-19

Currently now and probably not for a little while later since we currenty rely .Net's TreeView control to render the mindmap. When we code more customized control we may support it.

However, you could use manual/personal convention on your mindmap to let you know the node has note. For example, you could put icon on the node with note like I do below :

http://picasaweb.google.co.id/hafiz.pariabi/PocketFreemind06#5257759741926374418

The drawback is that you can not put another icon on it since currently PocketFreemind only support one icon per node.

Lately I have been using combination of the icon above and yellow node background (the effect is kinda like highlighting marker) to notify me node with note (node : node backgdound colour will be on the next release soon). The highlight also function to differentiate it with node that has that the same icon but not the same semantic.

Cheers,

Hafiz

• Hafiz Pariabi

Hafiz Pariabi - 2008-10-19

Also, although it's only a minor help for the problem and just in case you missed it, the note toolbar icon will change to yellow when the node has note on 0.5.

• Sebastian

Sebastian - 2008-10-19

thats a good workaround. i will use it in my next mindmaps. thanks

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks