Pocketdigi on a Smartphone?

Help
Klauspeter
2007-07-29
2013-04-10
  • Klauspeter

Klauspeter - 2007-07-29

Hi,
    recently I copied the Pocketdigi exe (arm Versions, 1.09 and 1.05) onto my MDA Pro (T-Mobile) smartphone. It runs a PXA270-520MHz Processor under Windows Mobile 5.0 (5.1.1700), unfortunately the Pocketdigi Program shows the waterfall running, but the command (bottom) line is invisible (instead there remains the command line of the file explorer).
    Shutting down the Pocketdigi Program is only possible via System command "shut down all running programs" and even there the failure message appears "cannot shut down, program is expecting an input ..." (translation from me, the messages appear in german).
    Do you have a tipp for me, am I doing something wrong?
    regards
    klauspeter

• Helge Tefs

Helge Tefs - 2007-07-29

Hi klauspeter!
      As far as I know, is the MDA Pro a device, where You can switch the display between landscape and portrait mode. In which mode have You tried pocketdigi? If You have tried it in landscape mode, please try it again in portrait mode!
      Kind regards, Helge (DG0NF)

• Klauspeter

Klauspeter - 2007-07-30

Hi Helge,
        thank you. Yes, you are right, it can be operated either in Landscape or in Protrait mode- but unfortunately in both modes the command line of Pocketdigi is not available, that means, the command line of the file explorer remains there instead.
        best regards
        klauspeter (DM7MRE)

• Klauspeter

Klauspeter - 2007-07-31

Hi,
      I have deleted all of Pocketdigi and after Motivation by Helge (thanks again!) I installed the arm- version 1.09 again and IT RUNS! Command line is available and everything looks ok.
      Sorry for disturbing. Now I shall play around with this nice program.
      Best regards
      klauspeter

• Helge Tefs

Helge Tefs - 2007-08-01

Well, a little completion at this point: With help of some people of our local Pocket PC Club, we have tried PocketDigi on a Windows Mobile Phone with Windows Mobile 5.0 and again on a Windows Mobile Phone with Windows Mobile 6.0. It works very well on both devices.
      Kind regards, Helge (DG0NF)

• Howie D

Howie D - 2010-02-22

What version did you use to run on Windows mobile 6?

• Howie D

Howie D - 2010-03-01

After reading some more posts, I downloaded the ARM version and installed it on my T-Mobile Dash and it works perfectly

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks