Backup of Pnotes?

Help
MindFree
2013-02-01
2013-02-03
  • MindFree

MindFree - 2013-02-01

I would like to have the backups of Pnotes in a directory of my choosing so that it will make it easier for me to backup my reminders along with other information on my PC. How can I do this? I recall having read something about it a long time ago, but I cannot trace the information now. Unfortunately I recently had to reinstall Windows and as a result I lost the setting that enabled me to designate the backup folder.

• oldlamer

oldlamer - 2013-02-01

Right click on tray icon --> Backup/Synchronization --> Create Full Backup

• MindFree

MindFree - 2013-02-02

Thanks for the reply. What I'm trying to do is to set the directory where I would like to have the backups held. Is this possible? Alternatively, would you tell me where the backups are actually kept?

• oldlamer

oldlamer - 2013-02-02

Backups are eventually in PNotes-->backup directory. When you make backup manually you may of course choose any place you want.
    You may run the program with -b switch from command line (this will create backup) and add optional backup directory as second argument.

• MindFree

MindFree - 2013-02-03

Again thank you for the reply. The command line way works. I finally discovered that the backups are stored in a directory with the following format: "C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\PNotes\backup\<backupdate.pnfb>".

Is there a way to change this default backup location or is the only solution as you suggest, to use the command line option?

• oldlamer

oldlamer - 2013-02-03

There are three options:
    1. Explicit manual backup
    2. Command line
    3. Download and use PNotesShortcutManager - http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pnotes/pnsm_1_0_3.zip

• MindFree

MindFree - 2013-02-03

It's weird about the PNotesShortcutManager. As soon as I select the program in the required settings dialog, the Backup directory field becomes grey and cannot be accessed!

• oldlamer

oldlamer - 2013-02-03

Ooops...
    I've just uploaded the fix. Wait a couple of minutes for all mirrors to be updated.

• MindFree

MindFree - 2013-02-03

Thank you very much! The problem is now fixed for me.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks