Menu

PNotes.NET alpha 6

oldlamer
2013-05-08
2014-01-30
  • oldlamer

oldlamer - 2013-05-08

PNotes.NET alpha 6 is ready here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pnotes/files/PNotes.NET/Alpha/PNotesNET105Setup.exe/download

1. Added option to hide/show menu items for all frequently used menus (Preferences --> Behavior --> Menus management) - suggested by Godvicien
    2. Added command to toggle case of each letter in selected text - Edit menu --> Format --> Toggle cases
    3. Fixed bug when program crashed on adding smilie/picture
    4. Fixed bug - random background settings did not work
    5. License file added to setup - program reported "FileNotFound" exception after click on "Show license" on About dialog
    6. pnvkontakte plugin updated

Last edit: oldlamer 2013-05-08
    • Godvicien

Godvicien - 2014-01-29

"Added option to hide/show menu items for all frequently used menus (Preferences --> Behavior --> Menus management) - suggested by Godvicien"

Thanks: I love you, this is exaltedly what I want for my PNotes...
      Now you are definitively the Best Post'it app ever made !

Great Job !

• oldlamer

oldlamer - 2014-01-29

Still in alpha?.. Actually the current version is 1.4 :) And 1.5 should be released in few days.

• Godvicien

Godvicien - 2014-01-30

Yes I use standard PNotes.NET 1.4.0.0 that works perfectly ! I'm greatly waiting for the 1.5 !

Some very littles suggestions:
          -- Reorder the Menus with buttons: up/down in the manager...
          -- When Key-shortcut is already affected: an option to force to re-affect with our choices...

So now I use daily PNotes.NET, I can do suggestions in other thread... to be perfect !

Godvicien (French)

Last edit: Godvicien 2014-01-30
  • AJ Luna

AJ Luna - 2013-05-25

Hi. I just started using PNotes and I finished making a pack of skins just two hours ago. That probably speaks to how much I'm impressed with this software. Anyway, now that you're developing PNotes.NET, I'd like to know if it can be used in portable mode. Granted that it requires .NET and Visual Studio, but if my computer already has those, can a PNotes.NET run properly?

I just don't want the hassle of having a program's associated files scattered all over my folders.
    Note that I haven't tested the alpha builds of PNotes.NET yet.

PS: I hope that PnSkin Creator gets improved.

Thanks.

• oldlamer

oldlamer - 2013-05-25

Actually PNotes.NET does not need Visual Studio. As far as you have .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and latest VC++ 2010 redistributable (both included in setup for those who still have not) it will run.
    Skins are different for PNotes and PNotes.NET. All skins related staff for PNotes.NET are here (until new version of site will be ready):
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pnotes/files/PNotes.NET/Skins/

• AJ Luna

AJ Luna - 2013-05-31

Hi there,
    I still want to know if PNotes.NET can be run in portable mode, or do you plan to build a portable version.

• oldlamer

oldlamer - 2013-05-31

As far as you have .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and latest VC++ 2010 redistributable it will run.
    There is no way to make it "more" portable. PortableApps.com, which makes PNotes Portable does not deal with .NET applications.