Menu

PNotes.NET 3.7 release

oldlamer
2018-06-01
2018-06-04
  • oldlamer

oldlamer - 2018-06-01

PNotes.NET 3.7 has been released.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pnotes/files/PNotes.NET/Bin/PNotesNET3704Setup.exe/download
    or
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pnotes/files/PNotes.NET/Bin/PNotes.NET3704.zip/download

New features:
    1. Added option to restart application automatically after background synchronization
    2. New versions of plugins to support TLS 1.1 and 1.2
    3. .NET Framework 4.5
    Fixed bugs:
    1. Calendar on DateTimePicker does not change the first day of week accordingly to user settings (discovered by Leopoldus)
    2. Notes loaded from another location do not go through the encryption process if program uses password and encryption, as a result they become unreadable next time the program starts
    3. Scheduled notes lose Topmost state when are popping up (discovered by Sussi Petkova)
    4. Calendars at “Adjust schedule” dialog “remember” date/time value after very first appearance
    5. Previously selected font for notes group is not applied on bullets/numbering in new notes (discovered by Hilsen Jørn)
    6. Error occurs while trying to import GMail contacts
    7. When user edits subgroup in deep level at Control Panel, the group is removed from its parent and inserted under “All groups” level
    8. Applying “Standard view” on “General” group at Control Panel converts group’s name to “General” instead of localized name even if translated language file is used

• Kazi Ali Toufique

Could not install because I get system.IO.IOException message (attached). Can anyone help please.

• oldlamer

oldlamer - 2018-06-03

Check in Task Manager whether PNotes.NET is still running and kill the process. Or restart. Or unlock DLL with programs like Process Explorer, IOrbit Unlocker etc.

• WacoJohn

WacoJohn - 2018-06-03

I get the same error. Killing the process, closing Pnotes, restarting does not help. Maybe I need to download the new version instead of using the PNOTES notification? Your suggestions all close PNOTES ... before I get the d/l.

EDIT: If I d/l the new version, do I need to delete the current installation first or will the new ver overwrite the old ... with preservation?

Last edit: WacoJohn 2018-06-03
  • oldlamer

oldlamer - 2018-06-03

Yes, it seems that there is a problem with update package/program. Try one more time and if it will not succeed, download regular installation package.

• WacoJohn

WacoJohn - 2018-06-04

It updates fine ... TODAY. Thank you ... love PNOTES.