I've uploaded libpng-1.0.19rc4 and libpng-1.2.11rc4 to
This time the 64-bit typedef stuff is really removed.
It's just as well I inadvertently left it in rc3 because
my testing revealed a problem with it. When the mechanism
changes png_uint_32 from unsigned long to unsigned int, any
printf statements that print a png_uint_32 varible gets fussy.
This will have to be fixed in libpng-1.4.0beta7. I guess the
simplest way is to typecast the variables to (long) or
(unsigned long) in the printf argument lists.
At 01:40 PM 6/15/2006 -0400, Glenn Randers-Pehrson wrote:
>I've uploaded libpng-1.0.19rc4 and libpng-1.2.11rc4 to
These will be publicly released tomorrow. If you haven't tested
them already but intend to, please do so now. If you know of any
remaining issues, please mention them now.
On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Glenn Randers-Pehrson wrote:
> These will be publicly released tomorrow. If you haven't tested
> them already but intend to, please do so now. If you know of any
> remaining issues, please mention them now.
I tested them a while ago, but _not_ with the DLL build.
Something happened between 1.2.9 and 1.2.10. I you look at
scripts/pngw32.def, you can see that png_sig_bytes gets exported
in 1.2.10, 1.2.11 and 1.0.19. That should not happen, because it
breaks the DLL build!
On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Cosmin Truta wrote:
> Something happened between 1.2.9 and 1.2.10. I you look at
> scripts/pngw32.def, you can see that png_sig_bytes gets exported
> in 1.2.10, 1.2.11 and 1.0.19. That should not happen, because it
> breaks the DLL build!
The DLL build also breaks in 1.4.0beta7 because the .def file requires
the missing exports png_info_init and png_set_gray_1_2_4_to_8. They
should be removed.
Furthermore, we concluded that ordinals should be removed from the .def
file. In other words, pngw32.def should look like pngos2.def, without
the numbers. Only the headings should make a difference between the two
In order to avoid potential (incorrect) mixtures between the .def file
from 1.2.x and that from 1.4.x, I propose to rename scripts/pngw32.def
to scripts/pngwin.def, and update all scripts (which are not so many)
accordingly. They should work both in Win32 and Win64.