News

Adrian
2012-09-23
2013-08-17
  • Adrian

Adrian - 2012-09-23

This topic should contain details on current development activity.

• Adrian

Adrian - 2012-09-23

I've just uploaded an alpha version of Pmw version 2.0.0. This Pmw version is modified for Python 3 compatibility. I'll continue adding revisions to the old line of Pmw - 1.x.x - as necessary to maintain Python 2 versions for those interested (although that will not be my main focus).

For any issues with the new version (please keep in mind it is an alpha version) use the bug tracker to report them with as many details (and example code which I can test) as possible.

• Adrian

Adrian - 2012-09-23

Pmw 2.0.0 was tested on Ubuntu 12.04 (x86_64, 3.2.0-26-generic, Python 3 v. 3.2.3) as well as Windows 7 64-bit with Python 3.2.3. If you find any bugs specific to your Linux/Python build/version please add that info to the bug tracker item.

• Adrian

Adrian - 2013-02-10

The Pmw 1.3.3 download folder now contains a modified version - 1.3.3a - which solves the bogus error messages appearing when running the test suite. I've tested it under Python 2.6.4 64-bit under Windows 8 64-bit. More tests will follow.

Changes are minor (solves tracker item 3599782, eliminates false error messages) and mostly regard the testing framework than the library itself so I did not increment the minor version.

If you have trouble running this on very old versions of Python - which ran the original Pmw 1.3.3 version - please contact me using the messaging system and I'll try and upload a working version.

My current focus is getting Pmw 2.0.0 to run all tests without issues and into a beta version so changes to Pmw 1.3.3 will probably be slow.

• Adrian

Adrian - 2013-02-12

I've just uploaded a Pmw 2.0.0 beta version which fixes a lot of bogus error messages as well as some true bugs in the Pmw2 source code. I haven't uploaded any new documentation since there haven't been any changes in functionality - just bringing the library to date with the newest versions of Python. Please send any feedback you have.

My next aim would be for a production release version of 2.0.0 with the necessary documentation and maybe some more examples or demos.

If there's enough interest I'll also try to enhance the library further. Use the feature request area for any ideas you may have.

• Adrian

Adrian - 2013-02-26

I've just uploaded an improved version of the Pmw2 beta which fixes the failing demos and a number of minor bugs in the library files.

• Adrian

Adrian - 2013-08-17

Two new files out:
    - 2.0.0-RC1, which fixes some existing bugs and disables BLT
    - 1.3.3b, also some bug fixes and disables BLT

Regarding the BLT part, if there are still users aiming for BLT functionality, it can be reenabled through a function call - check out Test.py and the enableBlt function.

The reason I chose to do this was that a lot of platforms report SEGFAULTs at the end of Pmw applications because of BLT/Tcl incompatibility (I can't even get the BLT tests to work on my platform without SEGFAULT at the end) and BLT doesn't seem to be of much interest anymore. But, as I said, those interested can still enable it easily so it shouldn't be a problem to any party.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks