Menu

S/MIME plugin and Pegasus 4.01

Help
Scrumpy
2002-01-08
2003-01-10
  • Scrumpy

Scrumpy - 2002-01-08

Does the plugin work with Pegasus ver. 4.01 or only 3.12c?

I installed pmsmime-0.3.1.exe and used instkey to import a PKCS#12 file (which I had exported from IE 5.5) but when I select the Encrypt option in a new message window in Pegasus 4.01, S/MIME is not listed under the Encryption Method tab.

I wish I'd tried your plugin whilst I was still using 3.12c but I didn't have the certificate that I wanted to test with Pegasus at that time :)

FYI, I'm running Win98SE.

After reading some of your comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows postings, I wonder whether you are the person helping DH add S/MIME into Pegasus ver 4.x?!

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,
    Scrumpy :)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2002-01-13

I have now done some testing with my plugin and Pegasus Mail 4.
      I have come to the conclusion that the plugin works very badly with PM4 (the problems described at http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/history.htm#limits for another plugin also apply to this one; see the last two points of 1 there).

For your problem, are you using the english version of Pegasus Mail or a localized one?

No, I am not the person helping David.

• Mike Koenecke

Mike Koenecke - 2003-01-10

I can't get it to work with Pegasus 4 (4.02) either. I have a Verisign certificate (a client of mine requires this; I'm an attorney) and would love to return to Pegasus Mail, but, although I have saved the client's certificate to the correct folder, nothing shows up in the "select certificate" dialog box when trying to send an encrypted/signed e-mail to the client. It *can* decrypt stuff the client sends me.

What I'm using, other than Pegasus, is Mozilla's mail client, which can backup certificates. The SMIME encryption method *does* appear in Pegasus, it's just that no individual certificate for sending shows up.

Not that you're David Harris or anything, but I would cheerfully pay for Pegasus if I could get this blasted SMIME stuff working.