ifort compilation errors

Help
nick
2009-07-06
2013-03-15
  • nick

nick - 2009-07-06

Hia,
    I've installed plplot, and used it to make some nice animations using gfortran, but i need to use ifort now. I've installed it several different times with different options, and everything works fine but ifort won't recognise the precompiled .mod files

using the standard makefile for the examples i get
    make
    /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/038/bin/ia32/ifort  x01f.f90 -o x01f -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/home/nick/plplot/plplot-5.9.4/install_directory/lib `PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/nick/plplot/plplot-5.9.4/install_directory/lib/pkgconfig pkg-config --cflags --libs plplotd-f95`
    x01f.f90(23): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [PLPLOT_TYPES]
       use plplot, PI => PL_PI
    -------^
    x01f.f90(32): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [PL_PARSE_FULL]
       call plparseopts(PL_PARSE_FULL)
    --------------------^
    x01f.f90(23): error #6581: Unresolved rename.   [PI]
       use plplot, PI => PL_PI
    ---------------^
    x01f.f90(189): error #6498: The use-name for this local-name is not defined.   [PI]
         y(i) = sin( x(i) * PI/180.0_plflt )
    ------------------------^
    compilation aborted for x01f.f90 (code 1)
    make: *** [x01f] Error 1

i've tried telling ifort where the .mod files are myself and still doesn't work...

any ideas?

cheers
    nick

• Werner Smekal

Werner Smekal - 2009-07-12

Hi,

I'm sorry that I can't help you with your problem, but it would be best if you ask your question again on the plplot-general or plplot-developer mailing list. The forums are not well frequented and the people on the mailing list are very helpful.

Regards,
      Werner

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks