Hello, here's how I built libstage on Windows with MinGW
I have tested no Player drivers and no client libs in MinGW, nor have I built
the Stage plugin (just libstage.a). The differences between the usual Unix BSD
networking and WinSOCK are few but pervasive so a few changes would need to be
made (I sort of started on that if anyone wants to continue where I left off).
From MinGW I installed:
From <http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/> I installed:
I used the 2.6 versions which Tor calls "bleeding edge" but works fine.
I got a port of pthreads from <http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32>
I got libtool from
because MSYS does not include libltdl.
I installed the GTK stuff and pthreads by unpacking the packages into
C:\msys\1.0\local. (Which ends up being both /local and also /usr/local in
MSYS-- in MSYS /usr is the same as /). Or you could edit /etc/fstab to
map /usr/local to wherever you unpack these. I added
C:\msys\1.0\lib;C:\msys\1.0\local\lib to PATH in the System control
pannel (click Advanced...) so Windows could find the DLLs.
I opened the MSYS shell, and set up /etc/fstab as described in its
I ran autoconf with "-I /usr/local/share/aclocal", or you could add that
to aclocal in the bootstrap script. This change was needed for aclocal
to find pkg-config's autoconf macro definitions (since I put pkg-config
in /usr/local). I think this could be permanently added to the
bootstrap script without screwing up on other systems. One problem is
that when config.status or something goes to run aclocal again, it won't
use that option. You could avoid it by unpacking everything into
c:\mingw\lib but then they might be deleted if you uninstalled or
upgraded mingw, or if mingw included another version of one of those
I guess I was missing "ltmain.sh" but it appeared after I manually ran
I made assorted changes to stage and the configure script, mostly
fixing some header files and adding some new
"replacement" functions. A patch to Stage is posted to the sourceforge patch
manager. Let me know if you want
me to clean it up more.
Stage needs some header files that Player's configure script makes, so I ran
Player's configure script. (with --disable-alldrivers).
You may need to use the 'dos2unix' program to remove carriage returns
from configure.in and other files, if your unzip or CVS program adds
them, though maybe MinGW is okay with them-- they're annoying to look at
though so I did.
There is a GTK theme that looks like Windows at
<http://gtk-wimp.sourceforge.net/> by the way.