The Player Project: Player is a networked interface to robots and sensors. Stage and Gazebo are Player-friendly multiple-robot simulators. The software aims for POSIX compliance and runs on most UNIX-like OS's. Some parts also work on Windows.

Project Samples

Project Activity

See All Activity >

License

GNU Library or Lesser General Public License version 2.0 (LGPLv2), GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2)

Follow The Player Project

The Player Project Web Site

Other Useful Business Software
Vivantio IT Service Management Icon
Vivantio IT Service Management

Your service operation isn’t one-size-fits all, so your IT service management solution shouldn’t be either

The Vivantio Platform allows you to focus on the IT service management tools that make sense for your organization’s unique service model: from incident, problem and change requests, to service requests, client knowledge and asset management
Rate This Project
Login To Rate This Project

User Ratings

★★★★★
★★★★
★★★
★★
6
0
0
0
0
ease 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 5 / 5
features 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 0 / 5
design 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 0 / 5
support 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 0 / 5

User Reviews

  • Hi can anyone tell me what is this error : playerc warning : warning : [Player v.3.0.2] connected on [localhost:6665] with sock 6 playerc error : got NACK from request playerc error : failed to get response
    1 user found this review helpful.
  • Hi, I am working on a player/stage project which currently has 3 (Later it will be extended to 6) iRobots -Roomba. As suggested in Jenny Owen's Tutorial on player/stage , I was giving different port numbers to each one of the robots. Here is my .cfg file : driver ( name "stage" provides [ "simulation:0"] plugin "stageplugin" worldfile "pacman.world" ) driver ( name "stage" provides [ "6665:position2d:0" ] model "pacman" ) driver ( name "stage" provides ["6666:position2d:0" ] model "ghost1" ) driver ( name "stage" provides ["6667:position2d:0" ] model "ghost1" ) But, I am getting this error when I am running ./ghost1 and ./ghost2 : playerc error : got NACK from request The simulator is not able to run the other two robots, I guess. Kindly help me in this regard.
  • Hi, I am working on a player/stage project which currently has 3 (Later it will be extended to 6) iRobots -Roomba. As suggested in Jenny Owen's Tutorial on player/stage , I was giving different port numbers to each one of the robots. Here is my .cfg file : driver ( name "stage" provides [ "simulation:0"] plugin "stageplugin" worldfile "pacman.world" ) driver ( name "stage" provides [ "6665:position2d:0" ] model "pacman" ) driver ( name "stage" provides ["6666:position2d:0" ] model "ghost1" ) driver ( name "stage" provides ["6667:position2d:0" ] model "ghost1" ) But, I am getting this error when I am running ./ghost1 and ./ghost2 : playerc error : got NACK from request The simulator is not able to run the other two robots, I guess. Kindly help me in this regard.
  • Easy for use.
    1 user found this review helpful.
  • lovely
Read more reviews >

Additional Project Details

Operating Systems

Linux, BSD

Languages

English

Intended Audience

Science/Research, Education

User Interface

Non-interactive (Daemon), GTK+, FLTK

Programming Language

Python, C++, C

Related Categories

Python Robotics Software, Python Artificial Intelligence Software, Python Education Software, C++ Robotics Software, C++ Artificial Intelligence Software, C++ Education Software, C Robotics Software, C Artificial Intelligence Software, C Education Software

Registered

2001-12-20