I’m running Ubuntu 11.04 with Player v.3.1.0-svn and Stage 4.1.1 through VirtualBox on a Windows 7 Host.
I’m trying to control an iRobot Create through Player with playerjoy
This is my cfg file:
When I run $ player create.cfg and then $ playerjoy
I get this:
* Part of the Player/Stage/Gazebo Project [http://playerstage.sourceforge.net].
* Copyright (C) 2000 - 2009 Brian Gerkey, Richard Vaughan, Andrew Howard,
* Nate Koenig, and contributors. Released under the GNU General Public License.
* Player comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software, and you
* are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; see COPYING
* for details.
Listening on ports: 6665
accepted TCP client 0 on port 6665, fd 5
Opening connection to Create on /dev/ttyUSB1...create_open():open():: No such file or directory
error : failed to connect to create
error : Driver failed to Setup (-1)
Is it possible that the USB just won’t work through virtualbox?
If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated.