Found the answer to my own question. The error message "
Any luck resolving this error? (I'm getting the same error)
Based on the Knowledgebase at ftdichip.com, I updated my version of
canio_rmpusb.cc to list all the connected devices. Turns out that I have no
I suspect that this is the root of the "error (-1)" problem that I'm having,
but I'm not sure how to fix it. My Segway is turned on and connected. The
results of "dmesg | grep FTDI" look promising. After that, I'm not sure
what else to do to debug the problem...
My code is exactly the same as the documentation found on this site:
ListDevices Function Documentation
The results of the dmesg test:
$ dmesg | grep FTDI
[ 123.146256] USB Serial support registered for FTDI USB Serial Device
[ 123.146325] ftdi_sio 1-6.3:1.0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected
[ 123.146540] usb 1-6.3: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to
[ 123.146559] ftdi_sio: v1.5.0:USB FTDI Serial Converters Driver
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Player-2.1.x-on-a-USB-segway-RMP-50-tp22007997p26835956.html
Todd Flyr wrote:
> I have an RMP 100 that I've been following the instructions for (using
> ubuntu) and encountered the same issue you mentioned. I made the changes
> that you suggested but I'm still not getting the connection completely set
> up. When attempting to run the joystick.cfg, I'm getting "error (-1)
> reading packet on channel 0" and "error on write" messages after
> attempting to send the 0 speed information. I am not certain if this is a
> canbus error or from player itself, but it is clearly not working. All
> other aspects of the instructions seemed to work. I have the devices
> connected via USB successfully. I'm wondering if there's something
> obvious I've done wrong or if this is something you've encountered or if
> this might be something specific to using the RMP 100. I am trying to use
> it in balance mode, which might be making a difference.
> Any insight would help. Thanks in advance.
> Joshua S wrote:
>> I have gotten things working, which required a slightly different setup.
>> Because I didn't have any Makefile references to -lcanbus I had to
>> initially modify <player-dir>/server/Makefile line to:
>> LIBS = -lpthread -lrt -lnsl -lcrypto -lraw1394 -lz -lltdl -ldl -ljpeg
>> -lGL -lGLU -lftd2xx
>> I had problems at runtime because check_device exists in both
>> player(setpwc_api) and in ftd2xx. I modified the function check_device()
>> as it is defined in setpwc_api.[c/h] to setpwc_check_device() to keep
>> ftd2xx from calling the wrong check_device. Next time I compile I will
>> try to target the ftd2xx linking with more precision to avoid this
>> Thanks to everyone who worked on getting this together.
Sent from the playerstage-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Verizon Developer Community
Take advantage of Verizon's best-in-class app development support
A streamlined, 14 day to market process makes app distribution fast and easy
Join now and get one step closer to millions of Verizon customers
Playerstage-users mailing list