Menu

Setup question

tromano
2007-10-12
2012-09-16
  • tromano

tromano - 2007-10-12

Hello,

I have downloaded/built/installed the latest code from CVS, and had a question about the setup. I didn't find a way to setup profiles/users from the UI, or any docs about it, so I manually setup my information in the hsql database. I was wondering if there is something I am missing... what is the current recommended way to setup a new user in the system, and possibly activate the correct plugin if necessary...

Thanks,

Tony

• tromano

tromano - 2007-10-12

Works great thanks! Not sure if I had played with this in the beta version, and might have had problems since the database initially didn't have as much data as the version in CVS. I hadn't gotten this to work in the 0.3 beta either, but now I am good to go.

Thanks!

Tony

• PopolonY2k

PopolonY2k - 2007-10-12

Hi Tony,

The current CVS code is under development and the way to create new profile and add plugins is changing, but is working from UI.

For while, the way to create a new profile is using the option "Profile -> Profile Manager" from menu. This will open the Profile Manager dialog box and in this dialog box you can create a new profile or check the existing profiles and all plugins assigned to theses profiles.

After do this, go to the option "Profile -> My Messenger" from menu, open the Plugin Management Tree menu item and select the "Available Plugins" option. You can add a desired plugin and after Click "Apply" or "Ok" button, the selected plugin will be added to Installed Plugins Tree menu item, with all options available to the added plugin.

After this, you can Register a new user, Remove Plugin, and other options available to all plugins.

Please send me a feedback when you can.

Leidson