login

Help
sara sara
2008-04-03
2012-12-06
  • sara sara

sara sara - 2008-04-03

hello,

i try to login to plandora but when i put the username and password, this message is displayed "javax.naming.NamingException: Could not load resource factory class [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory] "

anyone have any idea?

• Anonymous - 2008-04-03

We'll appreciate more detail like the version you're using, OS, Web Server, the full error output, etc...

But based on the piece you showed it seems like the commonsdbcp.jar is missing.

• sara sara

sara sara - 2008-04-08

hello,

i use version V1.0.0, windows XP, tomcat 5.5. when i put commonsdbcp.jar  in directory common\lib and restart tomcat, it don't want restart.

• Alberto Pereto

Alberto Pereto - 2008-04-09

Hi Ssara, the problems really seems to be related to the data base connection pool. If the commonsdbcp.jar didn't works, let's try something else:

- What is the version of your MySQL data base?
          - Did you copy the file mysql-connector-java-3.1.7-bin.jar to folder common/lib/ of Tomcat
          - Did you have any other application working with your Tomcat?

thanks!

• sara sara

sara sara - 2008-04-09

hi,

i use mysql version 5.0, i did copy the file mysql-connector-java-3.1.7-bin.jar to folder common/lib/ of Tomcat
            and i don't have any application working with tomcat.

and i have this error message "???fr.error.authentication???
            javax.naming.NamingException: Could not load resource factory class [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory] "

• Alberto Pereto

Alberto Pereto - 2008-04-09

Hi ssara, I will try to reproduce your problem here in my invironment. For a while, there is a work-around that is to use Tomcat 5.0.28. The Plandora installation procedures was wrote based to version 5.0.28 and for Tomcat 5.5, I think we must to create a context.xml file and change some configurations of connection pooling... (and the current Plandora installation procedure don`t have this).
              I will study about your problem and I will post the solution here as soon as possible. (I hope ;-) )

merci!

• sara sara

sara sara - 2008-04-09

ok thx for your help. (j'attend ta solution avec impatience)

Merci

• Anonymous - 2008-04-09

Can you send me the current context.xml file? I have applications (Xinco DMS also on sourceforge) with 2 versions of context file, before tomcat 5.5 and after. So I might help on creating the 5.5+ version.

• Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga - 2009-02-12

Hi,

I have the some problem then ssara. I did all procedures, but not sucessful.the tree steps above i did, too.

My configs.
      wserver2003
      version 5.0.28 for Tomcat and 4.1 for MySQL.

please,any idea!

• Alberto Pereto

Alberto Pereto - 2009-02-14

Hi everybody,

Mr. Gonzaga has solved his problem. He made contact with the Plandora support e-mail and report the following:

Firstly, he saw an error message that appeared in Plandora login form with a message: "Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'"

Normally, this kind of message error occurs when the JNI settings of Tomcat it's not working appropriately. Plandora, uses the JNI facilities through Tomcat DataSource to access the data base.

There is a very useful link that explain the typical root causes for this problem:
        http://geeklondon.com/blog/view/tipnulljdbc

In addition of this site, the Plandora team recomends to check :
        - If the file mysql-connector-java-3.1.7-bin.jar is placed into the folder common/lib/ of Tomcat
        - to keep in mind that there are different configurations of data sources between Tomcat 5.0.x and 5.5.x. Read the Plandora installation process for more information: http://plandora.sourceforge.net/project.htm

In the case of  Mr.Gonzaga, all this things was done appropriately but the problem was persisting. Then, he re-installed the Tomcat and repeat all this steps. Now it working.

• gah242s

gah242s - 2009-12-18

This seems to be a common issue with RPM based installs.  I seemingly fixed mine by simply adding:

JAVA_OPTS="-Djavax.sql.DataSource.Factory=org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"

to the end of the /etc/tomcat5/tomcat5.conf file and restarting tomcat5, service tomcat5 restart.

Thanks

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks