Red Hat Linux
Click URL instructions:
Right-click on ad, choose "Copy Link", then paste here →
(This may not be possible with some types of ads)
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.
Briefly describe the problem (required):
Please provide the ad click URL, if possible:
Announcing pkgbuild 126.96.36.199.
What is pkgbuild?
pkgbuild is a tool for building Solaris SVr4 and/or OpenSolaris
IPS packages from rpm-like spec files.
pkgbuild is also available as part of the JDS CBE:
You can also find some nice instructions and examples there.
See also the OpenSolaris Software Porters community:
(Note: at the time of writing this, the JDS CBE includes
pkgbuild 1.2.0 and test tarballs are available with 1.3.0)
Looking for spec files? 1000+ spec files are maintained by the
- SourceJuicer - http://jucr.opensolaris.org/
- SFE - spec-files-extra: http://pkgbuild.sf.net/spec-files-extra
- JDS - GNOME based desktop: http://opensolaris.org/os/project/jds
- Xfce desktop at opensolaris.org: http://opensolaris.org/os/project/xfce
Changes in this release
- SUNW_Pkg ignored by pkgtool when looking for dependent packages.
Patch from Jan Hnatek.
- fix the local IPS server URL to include a trailing /
Bug reported by Jan Hnatek
- rewrite much of ips_utils to parse the output of 'pkg authority'
instead of parsing /var/pkg/cfg_cache
- ignore version specs in Requires/BuildRequires statements
- use a single "info.source_url" IPS attribute for all sources,
rather than one for each, which is illegal
- use a single "info.classification" IPS attribute if multiple
classifications are specified (one using Meta, one using the
- do not try to create IPS packages on non-IPS systems
- other minor fixes
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter: