2009-01-23
2013-04-25
  • rconstruct

rconstruct - 2009-01-23

Hi
    I've been having a problem building the SVN version
    sl.y: In function 'void slerror(char*)':
    sl.y:2860: error: 'yytext' was not declared in this scope

i'm sort of clueless about this, updated flex and bison just in case, i'm using gcc 4.1, x86-64, glibc-20051128 snapshot.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

P.S.: 2.2.4 builds ok, but latest svn revision has this problem.

• Okan Arikan

Okan Arikan - 2009-01-27

Hi  rconstruct,

I just updated the trunk and made a new release. Can you try the new version to see if this problem is still there?

Thanks

Okan

• rconstruct

rconstruct - 2009-01-27

Hi Okan

Just tried with revision 1197, and i have the same problem, this is puzzling me. Flex is version 2.5.33, Bison version is 2.4. The error is the same (from src/sdrc/sl.y)

sl.y: In function 'void slerror(const char*)':
      sl.y:2858: error: 'yytext' was not declared in this scope

from

void    yyerror(const char *mes) {
          if (yytext && yytext[0])
              sdr->error("Parse error before '%s'\n",yytext);
          else
              sdr->error("Parse error\n");
      }

i noticed earlier in the build process:
      /usr/bin/bison -p sl -o sl.cpp sl.y
      sl.y: conflicts: 1 shift/reduce

Same happens with 2.2.5 (which is r1197, but i tried it anyway, just in case i had borked the generation of the build scripts from the svn checkout)
      Going to try to build on another machine with gcc 4.3.2 and i'll let you know how it goes.

• rconstruct

rconstruct - 2009-01-27

Hi again

Well, just tried on another machine (x86-32), GCC 4.3.2, GlibC 2.6.1, Bison 2.3, Flex 2.5.33, and i have exactly the same problem with r1197 (and the 2.2.5 tarball).
      Really strange, going to see if i can get an older machine around, with gcc 3.3.3 and older flex & bison versions to see if this happens.

• Alexander W. Janssen

I was just able to build latest svn (r1198) and r1197 without the described error.

x86_64 (Intel)
      gcc 4.1.2
      glibc-2.7-2
      bison 2.3
      flex 2.5.33

I know my gcc is oudated, but I don't think that's my problem... rconstruct, you told me you where using T2 as your distribution? I could check on that in a VM - or just brew you a binary tarball.

Alex.

• rconstruct

rconstruct - 2009-01-30

Hi Alex
      Well, was trying to build past revisions, last one that builds ok is r1175, r1176 already fails with the yytext error. The diff between the r1175 and r1176 follows, well, better put it in pastebin, otherwise readability is gone

http://pixiediff.pastebin.com/m249a457c

In the mean time, i'll check my Shrimp stuff with 2.2.4 and your binary (going to check it in the morning).
      Thanks once again,and thanks in advance for any assistence in tracking down the problem (altough by now i'm starting to think that the problem might be on my machine, or worse, a PEBKAC ;)

• Mike Giammatteo

Mike Giammatteo - 2009-11-17

Hello ,
    I have the same issue 2.2.4 compiles but not 2.2.5 or 2.2.6 both fail with the yytext error .
    So my fix was to delet the lines 2858-2861 from in the sl.y in 2.2.6 making line 2858  sdr->error("Parse error\n");
    hope that helps others.
    Jrabbit