Database Error

Help
2003-05-19
2003-05-26
  • Robin Mehner

Robin Mehner - 2003-05-19

Hi there,

its me again (and this time Im logged in :))

I want to test the new version (0.2) but, on a blank Pircs-Installation (the previous version Ive modified a little bit :)) ... everything seems alright, the bot is in the channel, and I can login...but when i send the "!enable" Command, the Bot quits IRC with "Read error: EOF from client" and in PHP I get the error message:

"174 : [db_error: message="DB Error: constraint violation" code=-3 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info="INSERT INTO Assoc ( ID , UserID , Ident , Nick ) VALUES ( 39 , 38 , NULL , '') [nativecode=1048 ** Feld 'Ident' kann nicht NULL sein.]"]"

"Feld 'Ident' kann nicht NULL sein." is german (didnt know if you understand it) and means: "The field 'Ident' cannot be NULL"

as is said before Ive changed nothing in this version....any hint?

• Justin Hendrickson

Hmm... Very odd. The problem stems from the SQL database requiring an ident and a nick to associate all the current users when logging is enabled. The oddity, though, is that NULL was returned by the ident lookup, and '' was returned by the nick lookup. Could you provide any more information about this 39th user? Without some more information about the conditions that caused this crash, I fear I might not be able to issolate the bug.

• Robin Mehner

Robin Mehner - 2003-05-21

ehm...

very curious ... there is no 39th user ... theres a gap in the IDs between 38 and 40 ...

System is:

PHP 4.3.1
      MySQL 4.0.12-nt

Server Signature is: Apache/2.0.43 (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_08-dev Perl/v5.8.0 PHP/4.3.1 mod_ssl/2.0.44 OpenSSL/0.9.6h

Win32 means Win2k Pro

The channel is in Quakenet and has an average usercount about 40 ...

Ive tried to add an user with the id 39, but when I start the enabling, the same bug appears, but with another ID..

"174 : [db_error: message="DB Error: constraint violation" code=-3 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info="INSERT INTO Assoc ( ID , UserID , Ident , Nick ) VALUES ( 65 , 51 , NULL , 'paul') [nativecode=1048 ** Feld 'Ident' kann nicht NULL sein.]"]"

...ehrm...what else of information you need?

• Justin Hendrickson

Sorry, I should have been more clear about what I needed. The reason the error occured is because of the NULL value being inserted in the Ident field. If you could gather some information about the person named 'paul', like a /whois or something, I could investigate it more.

• Robin Mehner

Robin Mehner - 2003-05-23

-18:19:44-     Name OCRANA-IRCv5
      -18:19:44-     Address paule@tnx^fry.users.quakenet.org
      -18:19:44-     Authnick tnx^fry
      -18:19:44-     Channels @#eSp.com @#babylon.fighters @#babylon-fighters +#grillen +#mase #tutorials.de +#Hardwareluxx #gfx.de
      -18:19:44-     Server *.quakenet.org (QuakeNet IRC Server)
      -18:19:44-     Idle 2days 20hrs 30mins 9secs SignOn 19:39:52 - 05/05/2003 (Monday) Onlinetime 2w 3d 22h 39m 52s

...this is the "whois" of the user named paul ... I will try the new version (hey...the developement is really fast, cool...respect for that!)

• Robin Mehner

new version, same problem...

"174 : [db_error: message="DB Error: constraint violation" code=-3 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info="INSERT INTO Assoc ( ID , UserID , Ident , Nick ) VALUES ( 353 , 198 , NULL , 'jokeR[de') [nativecode=1048 ** Feld 'Ident' kann nicht NULL sein.]"]"

I deleted the database and inserted the tables.sql ... so that I have a new clean installation...

Whois:

-19:01:13-     Name |m8s|jokeR|
      -19:01:13-     Address ~joker@193.254.212.152
      -19:01:13-     Authnick mtk`micha`dee
      -19:01:13-     Channels +#cinema4d #cybernautics #tutorials.de @#team-ger @#biologie @#m8s @#mtk @#clan-m8s @#codingz
      -19:01:13-     Server *.quakenet.org (QuakeNet IRC Server)
      -19:01:13-     Idle 6mins 32secs SignOn 18:02:44 - 19/05/2003 (Monday) Onlinetime 4d 58m 29s

• Robin Mehner

/me seems to be a spammer :)

...only for info: Ive made a little workaround .. I just check if $ident is NULL, and if not, the query will be send...works fine...the new features are pretty cool :)

• Justin Hendrickson

I'm not really sure why that user wouldn't have his ident responding. I'm guessing it's the IRC client the user is using or SmartIRC not interpreting it. I'll add in null checks for the next version.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks