- Changed abcengine.py so that GUI updates should get performed in the main thread rather than the downloading thread (for the life of me, I can't remember why I changed that -- it seems like a stupid thing for me to do)
- Advanced details window can be closed by pressing the Escape key
- Fixed a few misc. things here and there that people had mentioned (errors in list.py, etc.)
Can this build be installed over ABC-win32-vtest-10312005? Or it's necessarily to uninstall ABC-win32-vtest-10312005 first?
Unless stated otherwise, you'll always be able to install a test build over previous builds without having to uninstall or do anything funny.
(as I've mentioned before, it's pretty common for me to do this several times a day, or even several times an hour)
Thanks. :) Didn't see where you mentioned this before.
From the linux standpoint, MUCH better! I've been running it for about a half hour now, and it's not crashing as often as the previous versions, and the text/icons/everything is still visible. Only two bugs I've found so far, (and these were in the previous versions, I just hadn't had the chance to report them), the priority setting is stuck on "Lowest" and cannont be changed, and the "Preferences" menu will not pull up.
When attempting to change the Priority settings, there is no trace back.
This is the traceback on the Preference bug:
File "/game/data/install/32bit/ABC-V3.1.1/3.1.1/ABC/Actions/other.py", line 172, in action
dialog = ABCOptionDialog(self.utility.frame)
File "/game/data/install/32bit/ABC-V3.1.1/3.1.1/Dialogs/abcoption.py", line 1404, in __init__
self.miscPanel = MiscPanel(self.splitter, self)
File "/game/data/install/32bit/ABC-V3.1.1/3.1.1/Dialogs/abcoption.py", line 454, in __init__
self.language_choice = wx.ComboBox(self, -1, "", wx.Point(-1, -1), wx.Size(-1, -1), self.language_names, wx.CB_DROPDOWN|wx.CB_READONLY)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py", line 581, in __init__
newobj = _controls_.new_ComboBox(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 1-5: unexpected end of data
Other than those two minor things, this appears to be a very stable linux release. :)
Problem with downloading only certain files from torrent still occurs. Steps to reproduce:
1. Download a .torrent containing more than one file and add it to ABC download queue.
2. Mark some files "Download Never" and the others leave as they are and start the torrent.
3. Wait until downloading complete.
4. Close ABC (don't stop the torrent) and start again.
5. You should now receive "IO Error: error reading data from X:\path\file.ext". Then torrent just freezes. To unfreeze it you should stop it and start again. Or do manual hash check. At the same time "Progress" of the torrent is already not 100% it reduces to 60% sometimes even lower. I don't know if this is ABC problem or BitTornado's.
When changing Preferences>Queue>Consider torrent active if they are: to "Downloading" strange things happens.
Steps to reproduce:
1. You need to have at least 1 torrent downloading and some that are seeding (I've got 19 torrents seeding and 3 downloading).
2. Set "Maximum number of active torrents" to number which you are currently downloading (for me it's 3).
3. Then you should have at least 2 torrents with 0% progress that are stopped. Right click on both and select "Queue".
4. Wait 10-20 seconds. You will see that 2 queued torrents will start to download (but limit is set to 3) and torrents that are currently seeding will be queued and for some ABC resets progress to 0%, some torrents (that are currently seeding) are just freezes and for some ABC does manual hash check (endless loop).
Tim, can you reproduce these ones?
I still have question how to enable torrent names with unicode because those torrent names still don't show up correctly. And they don't show up at all under web interface.
Tim, good work the graphics problem is fixed and I have not been having the random crash which happened in previous builds.
great work Tim, GUI freezing problems are gone, and right click on torrent name when torrent is downloading is working as well. the only problem i found is the old trace back call when u click on prefrences. When i renamed all .lang files apart from english.lang. then prefrences works ok.
Nicely done, this is the most stable version I've seen in some time.
same here very stable, if only reseed resume was made possible....great job tim
A request for 'don't count towards downloads queue limit' under local settings in each torrent would be nice, since I seed some things and adding some torrents to the list which results in queue's unless I force a start.
After a second thought, looking at the 'consider torrents active if..' list, it almost makes that idea pointless. It still may be useful in some cases though..
error in addtorrents.py in dupFileInList:
message = src + '\n\n' + self.utility.lang.get(duplicatetorrentinlist)
UnicodeDecodeError 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf9 in position 26: ordinal not in range(128)
(Using the 'ascii' version of wxpython. src includes non english characters in my local user)
I tried this build on WinXP SP2, firstly since the 3.1 final release (I mean I didn't try other builds). I really liked that torrents immediately switch to green, unlike in 3.1, where torrent switches to green if only an incoming connection comes in.
But just after two minutes, I experienced the same "screen refreshing problem", which was in the pre-3.1 test builds. And minimizing was set to minimize to tray. The whole ABC window got frozen, but it works in reality, just doesn't refresh itself.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.