limars
2005-04-26
2013-01-14
  • limars

limars - 2005-04-26

I got gaim 1.2.0 with my Linux system the redhat 9
    and Select MSN as the protocol, and connect

but the gaim say an error:
    xxxx@hotmail.com(xxxx is my msn account) was unable to sign on:protocol not supported.

• dljordaneku

dljordaneku - 2005-04-27

I am using v 1.2.1 and I can't connect to MSN or Yahoo. I keep getting Unable to Authenticate.
      dj

• XBeast

XBeast - 2005-04-29

Same problem here. I have been using Gaim since before 1.0 and have had no problems. As soon as I load 1.2.1, now I cannot get into MSN. Yahoo works just fine. I have uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times. Even went through and cleaned out the registery. Nada!

Thu Apr 28 21:07:21 2005
      Connection error from notification server
      (messenger.hotmail.com):
      Unable to connect

Any help there folks?

• Matt - 2005-05-01

I get the same message also. When i had previous versions of Gaim, MSN worked fine.

• Gregor Rosenauer

I am getting this error at work now, too, but not with my home connection.
      Both connections use a proxy, but the proxy at work forbids tunnelling over port 1863 and there might be other security related stumbling blocks in the way (Gaim worked before, they must have changed something).
      IIRC I am using an older version at work, so it might be proxy-related. Will check the exact version (not before Monday though).

• Leif Sawyer

Leif Sawyer - 2005-05-05

it's probably an MSN issue, since I was unable to connect for a few hours, but it's back online now.

• Furin Kazan

Furin Kazan - 2005-05-13

I had difficulties to connect to MSN and Yahoo, as well - the solution was quite simple. After every upgrade, something must have happened to the login and pw data, because that was the source of the problem. Re-entering ID&PW helped to get rid of all connection problems.
      HTH

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks