Making BL and Away not appear on taskbar?

ibobunot
2005-01-25
2013-01-14
  • ibobunot

ibobunot - 2005-01-25

Is there any way to do this? I know you can set it to do it when minimized in AIM, but there is no option for GAIM. Any tricks or workarounds?

• Daniel Atallah

Daniel Atallah - 2005-01-25

If you're using the System Tray plugin, you can "close" the buddy list and it'll hide in the System Tray.

If you want it to live there even when its not closed, you can use the plugin from http://gaim-extprefs.sf.net

• crimsng0st

crimsng0st - 2005-01-26

that takes care of the buddy list but what about getting the away message off the task bar?  that doesn't seem to be covered by either the system tray or extended options plugin.

• Nico

Nico - 2005-01-26

I use gaim 2.0.0 cvs. Ussing the yahoo protocol i can't set my away mode, in Tools the away submenu is not opening. What's the thing?

• Tim Ringenbach

Tim Ringenbach - 2005-01-26

A curse on thy household, for using cvs. A double curse on thy household, for using cvs HEAD. A triple curse on thy household, for complaining about it.

• ibobunot

ibobunot - 2005-01-27

Yes, the Away still shows up. Id like to have that as an option as well in the extended preferences. Any way to add that in?

• Kristian

Kristian - 2005-01-27

I agree, having the Away window show up in the taskbar is extremely annoying. Having a way to hide would be really nice, but I have no idea how.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks