e-mail notification problem in windows xp

Luca Nasci
2005-01-29
2013-01-14
  • Luca Nasci

Luca Nasci - 2005-01-29

Hello,i have a problem with gaim.I have checked the option to notify new e-mail messages when they arrives in gaim(i use an hotmail account and internet explorer 6 with latest patch).The problem is that when i push the open button in notification window to view new e-mail messages,gaim opens a window with html code in it and not hotmail homepage..only if i press refresh button it opens hotmail page asking for username e pass like it should be.Any help?

• DaRocker22

DaRocker22 - 2005-01-29

Change your browser to something like Mozilla's Firefox and you'll be able to open your Hotmail Inbox. The problem lies in IE 6.0 on WinXP with SP2. This is not a problem with Gaim, nor is it a bug with gaim. Microsoft changed the security settings for IE 6 with the Service Pack 2.

So the advice is to forget about using gaim to open your Inbox or switch browsers to something more safe and alot better called Firefox.  http://www.mozilla.org

• Luca Nasci

Luca Nasci - 2005-01-30

Thank you for fast reply,but i wonder if changing some options in internet explorer settings may solve this..bye

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks