ICQ disconnected error in Finch?

Ant
2012-12-14
2013-01-14
  • Ant

Ant - 2012-12-14

Hi.

Is anyone else having problems with ICQ in Pidgin's Finch v2.7.3 (0f25fe5523bd7d9bdd4888e8323bfffb157afa57)?

Mine says: "<my UIN # removed/deleted> (ICQ) disconnected.                                                                 

You have been connecting and disconnecting too frequently. Wait ten minutes and try again. If you continue to try, you will need to wait even longer.                                   

Finch will not attempt to reconnect the account until you correct the error and re-enable the account."

I haven't even connected for months, days, weeks, etc. I am using the default login.messaging.aol.com and its port 5190. I have no problems with my old AIM account.

Thank you in advance. :)

• Ant

Ant - 2012-12-15

Hmm, Pidgin v2.7.3 is the same too. :(

I tried my old Windows XP Pro. SP3's Trillian v3.1 basic and Astra v4.2 b29 Free, and they had no problems with ICQ. :(

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks