sylvanus - 2011-09-18

Is there a ray tracer for physicists? for rigorous research purpose?

Hi, I am an half physicist and half electrical engineer.

I am a newbie of computer graphics. I found out that the ray tracers are for computer graphics, so that the computer can render some objects with the right color.

However, what I am looking for is not for that purpose, but it's about cumputer simulation of what really happens when some bunch of rays which is radiated by a Transmit antenna hits upon theĀ  aircraft.

In other words, I want to shoot and track the bounced off rays from an aircraft fuselage. The aircraft CAD data is in IGES form.

So far I could not find any ray tracer which calculates all the diffracted, double reflected, reflected-diffracted, and creeping rays.

I would be very appreciated if you recommand any relavent ray tracer with easy use for a noob like me.


Kee Ung