Menu

chat system using IRC/WIKI

Ideas
2002-11-25
2002-11-26
  • Kevin Myrick

Kevin Myrick - 2002-11-25

Some of my users have requested a chatroom using IRC. Anyone wanna go in with me on this one, because I don't have a clue yet much with PHP, and it would be my first mod. Unless there is already a IRC chat based mod/webapp I can download and integrate, which would make me just as happy.

One other thing, has anyone suggested a WIKI implementation for phpwebsite, because that would be cooler than crap. I know you can download a bunch out there, but I think a mod for website would be proper and help out a lot, especially since I want to start doing tutorials, and letting my users update pages if they feel like it in certain areas of the sites.

Also, what is OScommerce exactly? I still haven't figured it out. And have we heard anything about the FFL module yet?

Thanks all,
    Kevin Myrick
    www.ultimatealchemy.com

• Talal Nehme

Talal Nehme - 2002-11-25

I tried to convert phpwiki into a mod for phpws 8.2+

I got half way through....it was working on linux but not on windows....some funny pear library problem...I gave up cause I am up to my ears in work, if anyone wants to finish it (the mod already installs, uninstall, and initializes the wiki DB...but still needs some debugging) you're more than welcome to finish it...

Talloula
      http://www.talloula.com

• Kevin Myrick

Kevin Myrick - 2002-11-26

What about chat... does ayone know of a good IRC chat out there that I could use to implement something that might look decent on my page until I had time to work on a module?

BTW, anyone had problems with 0.9.0? My uncle is having trouble with setup.

Kevin Myrick
      www.ultimatealchemy.com