Menu

Anyone get phpDiscuss to work???

Help
Dan
2002-01-17
2003-02-19
  • Dan

Dan - 2002-01-17

I downloaded the module and installed it.  When trying to access the admin section, I get the following error:

Warning: Failed opening 'DB.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in c:\apache\htdocs\phpwebsite\mod\phpdiscuss\include\discussion.class.php on line 90

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'db' in c:\apache\htdocs\phpwebsite\mod\phpdiscuss\include\discussion.class.php on line 91

Anyone seen this?  I see four comments on phpWebsite concerning this but no solution.  The author's homepage is down.  Can anyone help?  Anyone using this successfully?

• Dan

Dan - 2002-01-17

After much searching and must frustration with this, I found the answer. This is a hack of xhawk.net forum. Would be nice if the author would check these posts and offer assistance once in a while. Cheers! Hope this helps.

From xhawk.net:

the file DB.php comes with PEAR. pear files are normally stored in /usr/local/lib/php. that restriction will keep you from using any files outside of your home directory, including PEAR files. if you want to use the pear version, your best option is to set up pear in your home directory. get pear here: http://xhawk.net/projects/discussion/download/pear.tar.gz
      you'll have to change the include path for DB.php to point to the path where you save pear.

I'm running my own local server on Win2K. All I needed to do was to add a line to my php.ini file, restart, and phpDiscuss works. Here's the line I added:

include_path = .;c:phppear

If you are using *nix, add

include_path = .:/php/pear

• ann bahnmiller

ann bahnmiller - 2003-02-19

Thanks surfdog.....