Menu

Business Directory Mod, Theme or Plugin

Help
Anonymous
2003-03-02
2003-03-02
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-03-02

I am a newbee in PHP, i just found out about this content managment systems. I tested out Noke, post nuke, and phpwebsite.

PHPWebsite is the one i liked. Now I am trying to implement it, but the features I need are not Available.

Who can help me build a Business directory??.
    I want to make a website for a small city. I need a way to list all the local businesses within categories. Then i want to be able to build the individual business pages with the admin menu, with templates. Like when you click on the build a page button in the admin area. I want to have the option to place these pages within the category i choose. Only the admin has to be able to create and make changes to this.

I dont want a user base for the page. No buletin board, no news, no calendar, just a plain business directory. But i would like to keep the banner feature, so that the businesses can advertise on the main page.!!!

Any ideas???

I am using the BixLight theme.

• Fat Lizard

Fat Lizard - 2003-03-02

All you need do is create a welcome page for each category, which is then a top-level menu item.

Each individual business within that category then has it's own page, which has it's own sub-menu item

Home
      Business Category One
      --- Individual Business Name 1
      --- Individual Business Name 2

Fat Lizard
      www.fatlizard.com.au

• Robb Doyle

Robb Doyle - 2003-03-02

Here is a new mod for v.9

http://phpwslistings.sourceforge.net/

Good luck and let us know the outcome of your efforts.

robb(at)buckheadbodyworks.com
      webmaster(at)amtaga.org