Getting past initial install of 1.3.14...

Help
2008-11-15
2012-10-11
  • Robert Heller

Robert Heller - 2008-11-15

I've installed 1.3.14, and I believe I have properly configured it but I am having some problems:

1) going to the opening page causes it to "Loading up virgin wiki' everytime

2) How do I create users? The trick of an empty password does not work. config.ini contains:

; If ALLOW_ANON_USER is false, you have to login before viewing any page or doi$
    ALLOW_ANON_USER = true

; If ALLOW_ANON_EDIT is false, you have to login before editing or changing any$
    ALLOW_ANON_EDIT = false

; If ALLOW_BOGO_LOGIN is false, you may not login with any wikiword username an$
    ; If true, users are allowed to create themselves with any WikiWord username. S$
    ALLOW_BOGO_LOGIN = true

; If ALLOW_USER_PASSWORDS is true, the authentication settings below define whe$
    ; check against given username/passwords. For completely security disable BOGO_$
    ALLOW_USER_PASSWORDS = true

3) how do I edit the 'front page'? I can edit any page (as Admin), but not the front page (see 1 above)?

4) Is there a real user manual?

I am running CentOS 4.7 and have php 4.3.9-3.22.12 installed. Do I need something else?

• Robert Heller

Robert Heller - 2008-11-15

Ok, I have made some progress. I edited the HomePage by entering the URL '.../index.php/HomePage?action=edit" -- this got past the virgin Wiki -- Is this really how this is done?!?

I also discovered that if I login as the admin and create user name pages, users can login in (without a password). How do new users create their own pages? How do they create/set their passwords?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks