Tim Reeves - 2007-07-17

Hi all,
I've had a disappointingly tough day installing PhpWiki 1.3.14 on Windows, using Apache 2.2.4 and PHP 5.2.3 (i.e. the latest of everything). I chose dba/db3 data storage and repaired some PHP5 syntax errors in passencrypt.php (to do with Superglobals) and also one in themes/default/templates/debug.tmpl (to do with php tag "<?="). Finally I got it more or less running, including TinyMCE - that worked right out of the box, BUT although I keep authenticating myself, PhpWiki loses my authentication from one server request to the next - keeps appending the line "You are signed but not authenticated as ..." to the bottom of each page. It also seems not to notice that I logged in as Administrator (although it accepts the login). Now I've noticed that when I call the page PhpWikiDocumentation two error notices are appended at the bottom of the page (one after the closing page tags), like this:

<!-- Add your Disclaimer here -->
<div class="hint"><p>Notice: &quot;Undefined variable: userName&quot; </p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

<div class="hint"><p>Notice: &quot;Undefined variable: userName&quot; </p>
</div>

So I'm begining to suspect that as yet a few hideyholes escaped the porting to PHP5, and perhaps that is why the authentication keeps getting lost. I have tried authentication via BogoLogin, PersonalPage and File, makes no difference. Any comments or help would be highly appreciated, 'cos I very much want a Wiki which allows me to use TinyMCE.

Thanks,

Tim Reeves