Problems using recentchanges Neuestenderung

Help
2004-04-15
2012-10-11
  • Stefan Schorn

Stefan Schorn - 2004-04-15

When using recentchanges the llinks now include the Version of the Change. Now when the people klick on the chnges the got always an old version of the document. Only in minor changes there are shown the really latest version.

seems to be a feature but the visitors and me its a bug.

Regards Stefan

• Reini Urban

Reini Urban - 2004-04-15

Sorry, this is a feature and you and your users might call it a problem.

But it's clearly not a bug.
      The latest recent changes are always the latest and actual versions.

• Stefan Schorn

Stefan Schorn - 2004-04-15

Maybe its a feature but is it usefull? The people will get a view "whats new" and klick on the links and get an old version off the data. nobody looks in "Geringfgigenderungen" its a feature which makes it nearly impossible to change to the new version.

scenario: a user makes changes to a document. after a while he looks in "Neuestenderungen", selects his document and gets a version without his changes and edit the old document again.

Hwo will see the old version. There is a page history to get the old ones. is it really usefull???

Regards and Thx Stefan

• Reini Urban

Reini Urban - 2004-04-15

We consider it useful.
        The latest changes are at the top, sorted downwards to earlier changes.

If the user decides to click on a topic below, esp. if the same appears above again, it's rather clear that this could be a earlier version.

• Stefan Schorn

Stefan Schorn - 2004-04-18

i changed to the old RecentChanges.php Version - works fine for me until an final solution

thx Stefan

• Stefan Schorn

Stefan Schorn - 2004-04-20

The url for the new wiki version has changed

http://www.mineralienatlas.de/phpwikinew/index.php/Neueste%C4nderungen

show_minor=1 works but then the PageTopic is MinorChanges and not RecentChanges

Regards Stefan