Menu

PHPWiki Questions: Logging In and Admin Issu

2010-04-27
2012-10-11
  • Sarah Weinberger

Hi,

I am installing PHPWiki and have a few questions.

I installed PHP wiki to the root of the sub-domain. I set the domain up to use
    PHP5. Let us say

http://wiki.myserver.com/

That points to say a folder on the server as /Websites/Wiki

1. Calling admin.php works up until it reaches any of the Header("WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm=\"PhpWiki\""); lines. In this case, “if (($PHP_AUTH_USER != $wikiadmin ) ||”. I see in this case an authentication dialog that says “Connect to wiki.butterflyvista.com” | connecting to wiki.butterflyvista.com. I type in the User name and Password, and the password does not get recognized. To me the problem seems to be that this dialog is not the result of PHP code but possibly the browser trying to access a folder that does not exist or something like that. Even if it is the result of the code, the user name and password does not take. The error message ultimately results in “You are not authorized to view this page, HTTP 401.1 Unauthorized Login Failed” error message.

2. Speaking of that, I do not see anywhere in the code, where the program asks for the password. I manually set $wikiadmin and $adminpasswd, but where does the code request from the user $PHP_AUTH_USER and $PHP_AUTH_PW? The very next test after making sure that the admin specified user name and password is not blank is a test against what the user entered, but the code never asks to enter any user name and password. Did I miss something?

3. Pressing the PHPWikiAdministration hyperlink from the Front Page results in a page that does not go to admin.php, but rather the page “http://wiki.butterflyvista.com/index.php?PhpWikiAdministration”. I see the title, “This works only if you are logged in ad ADMIN.” How does a user log in as ADMIN? I do not see a link and going directly to the admin page does not give an error message from the PHP code or a method to log in?

4. How do I prevent everyone from editing Wiki pages and have them first log into the system in some fashion and have that account authorized before users can edit pages?

Thanks in advance.

• Sarah Weinberger

I solved my problem by going to MediaWiki, but PmWiki is another wonderful
    solution. PHPWiki is a buggie and old, not used anymore as the comparison and
    one other person said.