Menu

phpsysinfo-3.0.4 on Win Plugins Problem

Help
Julie
2010-06-09
2012-12-12
  • Julie

Julie - 2010-06-09

I am using: phpsysinfo-3.0.4 on Windows XP SP3.
    Was super easy, thank you! :) Just the plugins I'm having problems with -
    I've tried to figure out the method to use Quotas, IPMI &  SMART plugins, but have failed miserably.
    Is there a way to use these plugins please?

Thank you :)

• Erkan

Erkan - 2010-06-09

Hello,

Sorry but the these plugin don't work on Windows for the moment. You can try to develop it and commit the patch here? :)

Regards,

• Julie

Julie - 2010-06-10

Ah I see. If I do get any of them working, I sure post how :)
    Thank you again jacky672 :)

Just in case anyone wondering - PS and PSStatus work great; no mods.

• Julie

Julie - 2010-06-10

Maybe nothing new here, but I'll post as far as I could go with SMART and my limited knowledge :/ :

Well I have managed SMART to work for phpsysinfo without any errors on the xml.php?plugin=SMART page,
    and showing the table SMART on phpsysinfo page itself. But it only states "No matching records found".
    The output style smartctl gives is the same as for Linux.
    The reasons I can think of why no matching records found?:
    1. My SMART0.txt file is named wrong? {I don't think so as on Debian even if I delete that file it still works.)
    How important is the name of this file?

2. It is trying to collect the data in way that it can't from cmd.exe then post to phpsysinfo? sounds plausible to me :)

(My note: I notice that PS and PSStatus state 'on WINNT information is retrieved everytime through WMI', thus why those work.)

btw to get to this point of SMART not producing errors (but still posting to to phpsysinfo):
    This is how:
    1. Install smartmontools in a path without spaces, for example: C:\smartmontools
    2. Then add that path to config.php for example:
    define('PSI_ADD_PATHS', 'C:\smartmontools\bin');
    3. SMART.config.php setting would be for example C drive:
    define('PSI_PLUGIN_SMART_DEVICES', 'C:');
    4. smartctl must work in cmd prompt; must be in your Environment Variable' PATH (under User variables) for example:
    C:\smartmontools\bin;

If only a way to get the information from cmd.exe and post it :D ?

• Julie

Julie - 2010-06-10

typo: btw to get to this point of SMART not producing errors (but still posting to to phpsysinfo):
    should be: btw to get to this point of SMART not producing errors (but still not posting its data to to phpsysinfo):

• Julie

Julie - 2010-06-10

Oh sorry another question please, before I spend hours to find out :p -
    On Windows/phpsysinfo do any of the 'mother board monitoring' programs work?
    Thank you :)

• Julie

Julie - 2010-06-11

OK I have an idea to get SMART and some of the other non-window plugins working-
    I just need to know how to have phpsysinfo execute the plugins command 'and' read from a data file?
    I've changed the cmd so that it executes and the output is written to a file; this works nicely.
    So if it could then read from the file, would work :)

This is how I did it for SMART, for example:
    1. Edit the cmd it sends to create a file with the output, for example SMART:
    class.SMART.inc.php
    Line 60 has this:
    if (CommonFunctions::executeProgram('smartctl', '-all'

Change to (change path to your own web server path):
    if (CommonFunctions::executeProgram('smartctl', '-all >> D:\xampp\htdocs\phpsysinfo\data\SMART0.txt'

Now every time phpsysinfo page refreshes, it overwrites the existing file- works fine.
    Problems tho:
    1. It can only do one or the other; execute or read data
    2. SMART*.txt is not being read even in 'data' mode.

• Erkan

Erkan - 2010-06-12

Hello,

I think PhpSysInfo can read the file but SMART plugin is not complete (some files are not parse correctly) . Did you try with a sample SMART file ?
    http://phpsysinfo.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/phpsysinfo/sample/

• Julie

Julie - 2010-06-14

Thank you jacky672 :)
    I placed both samples in my /data/ directory and same results - No matching records found.
    No errors are shown on xml.php?plugin=SMART either.
    define('PSI_PLUGIN_SMART_ACCESS', 'data');