WINNT Currently Not Supported?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-01-06

What's this mean? Sorry I'm new with this stuff, someone please explain what it is and how can I get this enabled?

• LeRoy Blanchard

LeRoy Blanchard - 2003-07-18

Someone has to port it over to Windows. This has not been done yet. Until then, this program only works on Unix systems, such as Linux.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-03-07
      Something for those who plays windows... ;P

• Tor-Eirik Bakke Lunde

I did a basic port for some of the information while working on one of my own projects - implemented it into phpSysInfo just for fun (based on phpSysInfo 2.0 as I wasn't able to get nothing other that blank pages out of the two newer versions).

You'll find it on the main page here:

• Carl C. Longnecker

There is code that I wrote in the CVS tree for WINNT, but webbie hasn't released a new version since it was added. Download the latest CVS version to get WINNT support.

• StevensOnln1

StevensOnln1 - 2004-09-01

I've got phpSysInfo 2.3 successfully working on WinXP with PHP4 and Apache 2, but it says this at the top of the page:
      Notice: Undefined index: template in C:\web\sohost\htdocs\phpsysinfo\index.php on line 50

Notice: Undefined index: lng in C:\web\sohost\htdocs\phpsysinfo\index.php on line 83

Is that just a problem with my installation (e.g. missing files, etc.) or do other people get this with WinXP? :-)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-09-01

Thank you for reporting successful story. The problem you encountered is a bug. Please replace your index.php with this one.\*checkout*/phpsysinfo/phpsysinfo-dev/index.php?rev=1.75

• paulor0

paulor0 - 2004-09-20

I'm having trouble trying the WinNT version.  It seems that I cannot get WMI to work.

Could it be some configuration I need to check?

I'm using WinXP with SP2.

The line with error is this one:
              $this->wmi = new COM("WinMgmts:\\\\.");

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'com_exception' with message 'Failed to create COM object `WinMgmts:\\.': ' in D:\projs\paulo\webs\phpsysinfo\includes\os\ Stack trace: #0 D:\projs\paulo\webs\phpsysinfo\index.php(115): sysinfo->sysinfo('WinMgmts:\\.') #1 {main} thrown in D:\projs\paulo\webs\phpsysinfo\includes\os\ on line 25

I check on MSDN and tried this also, but got an error again, this time a Access Denied.

$wmi_locator = new COM("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator");
              $this->wmi = $wmi_locator->ConnectServer("", "" );

• paulor0

paulor0 - 2004-09-21

Ok, I've found it.

Going to the IIS management, I changed the Directory security so that the access is Anonymous, but through a norman domain account and not the default IUSR_machinename account

Since this my local machine, and just for testing, it's ok.  But if I'd want to use IUSR_machinename, I still don't know which security settings I'd have to change, maybe put it on administrators so that it can access everything?  A little risky, I imagine...

• geeman

geeman - 2004-12-15

I need some help. I have Apache2, PHP4 and phpsysinfo 2.3. I am sure my php works in Apache (other php pages work), but still when I surf to my phpsysinfo page, it gives 500 Internal Server Error. What could be possibly wrong?

• Edwin Meester

Edwin Meester - 2004-12-15

I Guess apache can't access (security or not availble) the WMI Com object

• geeman

geeman - 2004-12-15

Hmm, do I need to edit the configs somehow? Like this line in

$this->wmi = new COM("WinMgmts:\\\\.");

If so what would I need to put in there?
      And should I edit my Windows settings somehow?

I feel like a complete noob :P