Menu

PHP SERVER MON NOT WORKING

2019-03-20
2021-06-29
  • Lusayo Nyondo

Lusayo Nyondo - 2019-03-20

Hi,

I just downloaded phpservermon-3.2.0. Whenever I try to run 'install.php', it just turns up blank. Following the the documentation, I added the line 'define('PSM_DEBUG', true);' to the config.php file, and it gave me the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /var/www/html/phpservermon-3.2.0/vendor/symfony/config/Util/XmlUtils.php:52 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/phpservermon-3.2.0/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Loader/XmlFileLoader.php(280): Symfony\Component\Config\Util\XmlUtils::loadFile('/var/www/html/p...', Array) #1 /var/www/html/phpservermon-3.2.0/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Loader/XmlFileLoader.php(41): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Loader\XmlFileLoader->parseFileToDOM('/var/www/html/p...') #2 /var/www/html/phpservermon-3.2.0/src/psm/Router.php(201): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Loader\XmlFileLoader->load('services.xml') #3 /var/www/html/phpservermon-3.2.0/src/psm/Router.php(54): psm\Router->buildServiceContainer() #4 /var/www/html/phpservermon-3.2.0/src/bootstrap.php(66): psm\Router->__construct() #5 /var/www/html/phpservermon-3.2.0/install.php(30): require('/var/www/html/p...') #6 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/phpservermon-3.2.0/vendor/symfony/config/Util/XmlUtils.php on line 52

I really don't know what to do at this point, so I'd really appreciate your help. I have multiple servers to monitor and this tool would be a great help.

• Valerie Cudnik

Valerie Cudnik - 2019-06-11

Nobody seems to actually be responding to support queries here. (It's free software, so there's only so much we can complain about.)

Have you verified your php is up to date?

Create an empty PHP file in the root level of your install folder and put only <?php phpinfo(); in it, look at it in a browser.

I suggest that you change the directory name of your install to simply phpservermon -- or anything without the 3.2.0 in it. Dots in a directory name can be problematic.

I had an issue when trying to install in a sub-directory of another domain, the parent domain was overriding things, so I had to install in a subdomain instead.

• Steffen

Steffen - 2020-04-07

The hint to check the actuality of the PHP version is probably wrong in this case. Because the problem is not a PHP that is too old but a PHP that is too new. I have tested it. Version 3.1.1. and 3.2 run perfectly under PHP 5.6 but not under any Php 7 version (not with 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4
    On many web servers php 5.6 is no longer supported, so PSM is not usable there. Obviously the developers don't maintain it anymore, because Php 5.6 is outdated for a long time

• Seth Hall

Seth Hall - 2021-01-27

Just incase anyone else comes across this issue, I found the following worked for me.

I'm running Ubuntu 20.04, Apache, MySQL, and PHP 7.5

I received the same blank screen when navigating to the install.php file and enabling PSM_DEBUG presented me with the same error. To resolve, I install php-xml, restarted apache and the install.php page was visible. I also installed php-curl and set my timezone in php.ini as these were both suggested.

I've been running it, playing with whats available and so far have had no issues.

• Istvan Radics

Istvan Radics - 2021-06-29

Hi Seth Hall. I have the same config as you have, and I followed your steps, but nothing. still the same error. Can you give me any hints?
      Thanks,
      István