Menu

SMSGlobal

2014-12-18
2023-03-15
  • Dan Eveland

Dan Eveland - 2014-12-18

Hi,

Love PHP Server Monitor. I use Pushover with it to great effect. However, I’d like to use SMS as well.

I went to SMSGlobal and set up an account and stuck some money into it, but I cannot seem to make it work with my PHP Server Monitor. I have tried everything I can think of, including verifying over and over my username and password, as well as turning on define('PSM_DEBUG', true); in my config file. However, the log seems to show nothing. All I get is a pink box that says “Error in sms sending”.

I can manually send texts from SMSGlobal fine.

Is there any way to make PHP Server Monitor show more verbose errors?

Thanks

Dan

• Lance Harvie

Lance Harvie - 2016-10-30

[SOLVED] - "Error in sms sending”

Hi Dan - it's a bit late but you have to goto API Keys in account settings and use the username and password NOT your login details for logging into SMSGlobal.

Last edit: Lance Harvie 2016-10-30
  • Paul H

Paul H - 2020-07-14

Hi Lance

I followed your guide and I still cannot send sms using SMSglobal. I have credit and can send ok manually from my SMS Global account. All I get is a pink box that says “Error in sms sending”.

I wonder what number I supposed to enter in the "senders phone number" field, I try various ones. I do not have a paid number with SMSGlobal.

Thanks

• Paul H

Paul H - 2020-07-15

Hi Lance

I figured it out. For SMSGlobal its working ok now for me because I did the following as a workaround:

a) By default for new accounts SMSGlobal do not allow SMS messages to be delivered that include a URL in the message.

The server monitor includes URLs in the SMS messages so they are disabled. Need to request SMSGlobal support to enable urls in messages for your account.

b) All phone numbers should start with the country code, example 44 for UK and not +44 and not 0044.

c) The API does not seem to work with SMSGlobal so as a workaround I created a new admin user in the server monitor and set the admin user's email address to ...

<my phone="" number=""> at smsglobal.com </my>

...the messages are then sent by email to SMSGlobal and SMSGlobal then send the SMS to the number in the first part of the email address.

d) All above works fine but after all the messing around with the above for hours I then set-up a "pushover" account and that works and personally I think is better. (and was much quicker to get working).

Thanks

Last edit: Paul H 2020-07-15
  • Robert Holder

Robert Holder - 2023-03-15

I know this is an old thread, but if anyone is still tryhing to get SMSGlobal working, I found a fix that works for me.

Change line 67 in Smsglobal.php. Change www.smsglobal.com to api.smsglobal.com.

I found this by reviewing SMSGlobal's api docs.

Cheers.
    Bobby