SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

Cron jobs in Windows environment

sdMonkey
2013-02-21
2014-08-15
  • sdMonkey

sdMonkey - 2013-02-21

How are people accomplishing this? I ended up abandoning the Task Scheduler attempting to have the php engine open the cron page and wrote a simple Autoit to launch instead..

• foxworker

foxworker - 2014-05-29

I have the same question. Does anyone have a solution? How can I configurate cron-jobs on windows server. If I ad a Task Schedule, I have the following message:

User: XX
    Running task: C:\Inetpub...\cron\status.cron.php
    Started: Thu May 29 14:43:57 2014
    Failed with error: Unable to start (C:\Inetpub...\cron\status.cron.php): PHP is not installedThu May 29 14:43:57 2014

• Pep

Pep - 2014-06-23

Hi guys,

I don't have access to a Windows box, and I have never used it myself, so I really have no idea how I could help you guys out.
    I found this help page on the Drupal website explaining this process on Windows, maybe that can help you out:
    https://www.drupal.org/node/31506

Regards,
    Pep

• Robert Inzano

Robert Inzano - 2014-07-12

the drupal solution doesn't work for me. Pep, if I gave you access to test on my windows box would that help? I am not a programmer or I would offer my assistance as I love this software. I could toss up a VM and install the necessary software to run server monitor and MySQL and let you remote in if that helps.

Rob

• Robert Inzano

Robert Inzano - 2014-07-12

Pep,

I was able to figure it out. It is still using Windows Task Scheduler. It's a lot to put here and in order to help the masses, I'd like to write a tutorial with screenshots that you can include in the documentation if you would like. I'll work on it later tonight or tomorrow.

• Pep

Pep - 2014-07-31

Hi Robert,

Just wondering if you have been able to put some work in the tutorial for the windows task scheduler. If you have I would very much like to include it in the documentation.
    You can email it to ipdope@users.sourceforge.net.

Thanks,
    Pep

• Robert Inzano

Robert Inzano - 2014-08-14

Pep,

Sent you e-mail regarding this.

If anyone who is having a problem getting cronjobs to work in windows wants to help me make sure this works in other versions of Windows than Server 2008, let me know.

• Pep

Pep - 2014-08-15

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your excellent write-up, much appreciated. This weekend I will try to get it available online for the rest of the Windows users.

Regards,
    Pep