where is write-access needed

2014-04-18
2014-04-19
  • Muschelpuster

Muschelpuster - 2014-04-18

I installed the project at a wrap-board on voyage linux. Voyage mounts the file-system in read-only by default and I can define folders with write acess.
    So I give wirte-access to the mysql-folders but that seams not enough. I can't login until I remount the file-system with read-write. That's the quick&dirty way, but I liek to define it by the needed folders...

Niels

• Pep

Pep - 2014-04-18

Hi Niels,

No write access should be required in order the run the monitor. There is only 1 place where it checks if it is able to write to a file, which is the install module. It will check if it is allowed to create the config.php file automatically, or else provide you with the steps how to do it yourself.
    No other attempts should be made to write to your filesystem.
    I have no experience with voyage linux myself so I am not sure how to help you further with this.. Is it able to establish a database connection when the dir is read-only?
    You can try to enable debug mode so you see any errors that may occur, by adding this to your config.php file:

define('PSM_DEBUG', true);

Pep

• Muschelpuster

Muschelpuster - 2014-04-18

Hi Pep,

I added the mysql-files to the writeable files, so this works. I can logon to the mysql-database and the cron is running to on ro-mode and it writes propperly in the database.
    What exact does the DEBUG-Flag? I see no difference...
    Because my Alix-board has not much power, I use lighttpd.

Niels

Last edit: Muschelpuster 2014-04-18
  • Pep

Pep - 2014-04-19

Hi Niels,
    The debug flag only turns on error reporting for PHP. By default phpservermon disables that (it should never be on when running production), so you will not see any warnings or errors that occur. With the debug flag on you should see notices/warnings/etc on the page if they occur.
    If the monitor is able to read to/write from your database there really should not be a reason for it not to work..
    Pep

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks