Cannot find Circ functions

Help
Anonymous
2004-08-27
2004-09-02
  • Anonymous - 2004-08-27

Greetings,
    I am experimenting with PhpMyLibrary 2.0.2. From what I read, there's supposed to be a circulation module, but I haven't been able to find it. I'm logged in as admin, and I can add MARC records and create new users easily enough; but I can't find where one is supposed to check books out & check them back in. I looked under "transactions", but didn't see anything there. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Mike Watson

• Anonymous - 2004-09-02

An update:
      I've found some of the basic circ functionality, but not all of it. It turns out that once you've attached an item record to the bib record, then an option to "borrow" the item appears in the OPAC. Users can place a "borrow" request, which admin can then approve through the TRANSACTIONS menu.

What I can't find, however, is a place where library staff, sitting at the circulation desk and logged in as library staff, can check an item out directly to a user. There seems to be no way to check out an item without having the user login and click "borrow". Is there a command for admin to place a borrow request for other users hidden somewhere I haven't looked yet?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks