Admin Page not found

2009-04-04
2014-02-27
  • Peter Hancock

Peter Hancock - 2009-04-04

when I click on administration in Firefox I get a blank page & in IE I get HTTP error 500 page not found
    Any ideas?

• Ciprian Murariu

Ciprian Murariu - 2009-04-04

Error 500 is not a "Page not found error" but "Internal server error"
      Solution: check if your main chat dir has 755 permissions (same for plus/config dir)
      If they are 777, CHMOD them to 755.

PS: Next time provide a link to the chat, so I can take a look at the error...

Ciprian M.

• Peter Hancock

Peter Hancock - 2009-05-05

Thanks for your replies, but sorry I had too much trouble trying to install different chatrooms that i have gone for flashchat, which while still not perfect at least works (i still have some probs with it)

No disrespect intended yours was the best, at least it installed ok and seemed to work for the users, but I just could not get admin to work, Still don't know why.
        Unfortunately time was against me and I needed something to appease my forum users.

Please keep up the good work & I hope to see a newer version soon which I will gladly try again (I hate flashchat, but it works for me)

• Ciprian Murariu

Ciprian Murariu - 2009-05-05

I'm sorry to hear. Good luck to you too!
        Ciprian M.

• Ciprian Murariu

Ciprian Murariu - 2009-04-04

You can try to reupload the file plus/admin.php and plus/lib/login.lib.php though...
      Ciprian M.

• Ciprian Murariu

Ciprian Murariu - 2014-02-27

I suspect the reason for admin "not accessible" issues/500 error codes is the fact that the admin.php code included a session control part, which has been deprecated in php>5.3.
    This should not be an issue anymore in the compatible versions of pmc+ (1.94 up).

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks