backup and import stops before complete

Help
2006-02-25
2013-05-30
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I've previously had PMBP installed on a host without problems even with big databases. Now I've moved to a new host and have trouble getting it working correctly. When importing a backup from the old host it stops without having restored the full database without any messages. Looking at the number of tables it seems like it has restored some of all the tables, but not all rows. Same backup restores fine from the command line using mysql -D dbname etc.

When I take a new backup the process stops without any messages and the backup is truncated. It looks like it's stumbling over a very long record. Doing a backup manually from a command line using mysqldump works fine so it doesn't seem to be a mysql issue.

I've tried setting the php timeout to 300 seconds but it stops after ca 10 secs anyway.

I get the same behaviour with 1.7.1 and 1.8, I even tried reinstalling it from scratch and it doesn't make any difference. I've also tried playing with the memory limit (upwards and downwards) and it still stops at the exactly the same spot.

System information
    Server
    Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux) PHP/4.3.10-16          Time: 2006/02/25 14:11:41
    PHP
    PHP Version: 4.3.10-16          Safe Mode activated: no          PHP Memory Limit: 8M
    gzip compression possible: yes          Emails sendable: yes          FTP transfer possible: yes
    MySQL
    MySQL Server: 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge2-log          MySQL Client: 4.0.24
    backup
    Total size of all backups: 34.44 MB          Last backup built on: 2006/02/25 14:10:11          Last scheduled backup: -

• Nobody/Anonymous

Was me posting the above and it seems that noone has an answer to this one. Seems like I have to dig into the code and make some debugging output hooks to find out just where it quits....or try it via the command line in debug mode.

• Dirk

Dirk - 2006-03-15

this seems to be a server side problem with the timeaout value.
      Did you get any other script ro run longer then 30 s on this server?

• Nobody/Anonymous

I think i've got the same problem...

System information
      Server
      Apache/1.3.33 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_layout/3.2 PHP/4.4.6-0.dotdeb.2 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7e          Time: 06/09/07 10:23:34
      PHP
      PHP Version: 4.4.6-0.dotdeb.2          Safe Mode activated: no          PHP Memory Limit: 16M
      gzip compression possible: yes          Emails sendable: yes          FTP transfer possible: yes
      MySQL
      MySQL Server: 4.1.15-Debian_0.dotdeb.4-log          MySQL Client: 4.1.15

My dbase is appr. 16mb. One table takes about 99% of the size. When I exclude that one from the backup, all works fine.
      When I try to backup the whole dbase, it's working for about 9 sec and than I get the backup tab with nothing in it, not even a error messag. O, I see, the script stops after printing the HEADER part...

when I look at the import window, there is a backup, but it is 0B. (I tried zip, gzip and none) When I tried gzip, there is a backupfile of 26B, with in it a file of 0B

I tried different memory limits, I can't change the php.ini file...

besides this, a very nice tool!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Sorry man, I guess you won't be able to backup such large databases without bein able to administrate PHP. Maybe you can use an Java servlet or an ASP application to backup you db on that server? Or you will have to exclude that large table...

• Nobody/Anonymous

EXACTLY the same problem here. is there any solution yet?
      here is my systeminfo:
      System information
      Server
      Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux)
      PHP
      PHP Version: 4.3.10-16          Safe Mode aktiviert: nein          PHP Memory Limit: 32M
      gzip Kompression möglich: ja          Emails versendbar: ja          FTP Transfer möglich: ja
      MySQL
      MySQL Server: 4.0.24_Debian-10sarge2-log          MySQL Client: 4.0.24

• Nobody/Anonymous

i got same problem, i got 0 byte backup file, what happening ?
      i can't backup with old version PMBP, after i installed newest version, still have problem

• Nobody/Anonymous

Same problem here, got 0 byte backup file, use version 2.1. When I install version 1.8 all is ok ..

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks